• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap-Band Exercise DVDs?

Mio

So, well, yes.

The big "E" is looming on my horizon now! I'm a month out from surgery and am looking to start getting things up and running soon.

i've bought some day-passes for a local gym which is right near to my workplace, which I'm going to start using from next week just for the treadmill and, more importantly, to get myself back into the swing of going to the gym!

But I'm also thinking of getting a workout DVD to use at home. The thing is, tehre are literally thousands out there, and I have no idea which ones are any good/suitable for post-op/etc.

So I wondered if anyone had any recommendations or could at least give me an idea of where to start looking for something which is light to medium impact, fun and interesting (I get bored very easily *lol*)

i use my wii at home and its great i am a gym member too but finding time is not easy lol.... i also found jogging made most of my weight fall off in the first year...

i think on the excercise dvd front i have heard that davinas are really good!

Sadly I am behind the times and the only console I own is the original PlayStation *lol*

I've heard of the Davina ones actually, will go have a look... thanks :)

The Davina ones are very good if you can put up with her talking all the way through lol If there was a way to mute her but turn the music up it would be fantastic :D

The Nadia Sawahla one is good too and is broken down into managable sections or you can do the lot.

Me and my daughter tested the Ministry of Sound one too but its fairly complicated, very much a dance routine :confused:

The Wii if fantastic, Just dance and Zumba plus Wii fitness are so much fun!

I had a bit of a brainwave and looked on Lovefilm as I have an aco**** with them, and found out they also rent out exercises DVDs as well as films and games! So I've added the Davina Fit DVD as well as one called "10 Minute Solution - Five Day Get Fit Mix". Not seen the Nadia Sawahla one though, will go look it up!

Great idea to be able to try before you buy :)

Hello

How soon after Band surgery should we be exercising ?(other than walking I mean). Ive been told not to swim for 4 weeks but wondered if that was the same for other forms of exercise?

x

from what ive seen on here its six weeks, so wait till your 6 week check and ask there, good luck :) xxx

Thanks Caren. I'm not really a fan of exercise lol but I'm turning over a new leaf ;-) xx
thats great :) hopefully you will learn to love the excersize, im hoping i will too when i eventually get done, good luck :) xxx

oooppppsssss im 4 weeks post op n been doing zumba dancing on exercice bike the lot lol xx
lol i guess u must have felt ok, take it easy though :D

Its slighty different for banders, we tend to recover quicker - therefore are fine to exercise sooner. Apart from heavy weights or stomach crunches.

I was back at the gym 2 weeks post band but stuck to treadmill and bike at first.

Swimming is fine after all wounds are healed.

I was told to avoid anything like weights or using things like the crosstrainer or swimming for at least 6 weeks, but I had a hernia repair at the same time as being banded so I think it's a combination of having both done at the same time that meant I had to be a bit more cautious to make sure I didn't tear anything!

I'll be 6 weeks next week, and have my gym induction on Wednesday *lol*

Swimming I guess depends how well ur wounds are healing. I am back at work tomorrow and its 2 miles bike ride. Did on Friday to see how I got on. Check with my provider who said should be fine just rake it easy at first then build up slowly

I had alook at this and it is really great. thanks for the info. Even i can do this now..

Walking - Part 1: Start Quick & Easy

Mio I swear by this lady and she got me hooked on the E pre surgery and we now spend time together often and her vids are on line and its an easy way to start look her up
Walking - Part 1: Start Quick & Easy - YouTube

wow - this looks great, and exactly what I was after! Sure I can fit in some of this every day, and along with going to the gym it should give my metabolism a rael boost.

Thanks so much :)

Back