• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fage Yoghurt recipe ideas please!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I've been using vast amounts of Fage Total 0% yoghurt to up my protein for weeks now (thanks to Karlos, who I suspect owns the company lol) but i was wondering how you all incorporate it into your diets. I have seen some people mention that they mix it with things to make a sort of savoury dip/filling, some mix with fruit etc, but I thought I'd start a Fage Thread so everyone can post what they use it for - I bet there's tons of recipes you've all discovered that I haven't even considered yet, but would like to! So come on - give us your ideas!!! :D

Ps I've got a vague desire to try making things that are healthy but masquerade as naughty, such as cheesecake type things (perhaps with oats or nuts in the base) etc! Also perhaps in cooking such as curries? I'm just pondering!

Mix with cucumber, mint and salmon for a lovely dip

Yum thanks for starting the ball rolling with those - they both sound very tasty indeed, got to be tried very soon! :)

I have it for brekkie with fruit coulis & granola

Mrs Quiggle said:
My son makes the most fabulous chicken Korma using it would you like the recipe. x

Yes please x

1/4 cup each of fage, milk, fresh, frozen or tinned fruit, 1scoop of protein powder, blitz & hey presto a lush smoothie.
With fresh, frozen or tinned fruit.
Used as a substitute for cream on any fruit or dessert of your choice.

Flipping lovely chicken korma

Spray a non stick frying pan with the oil then add a chopped onion and fry for about 5 mins till soft.

Add 1 chicken breast cut into dice and cook for 5 mins until browned on all sides.

Add half a teaspoon of ginger puree (easy ginger) or 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. 1/2 a cinnamon stick, 2 cardamon pods crushed slightly, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon mild chilli pwd, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 50ml 0% fat Fage, 100ml virtually fat free natural yogurt (or v low fat) and 1 tablespoon ground almonds.

Heat gently whilst stirring then put a lid on and simmer on a low heat for about 15 mins. Remove the lid and reduce the sauce if very runny then add a little skimmed milk to adjust the consistency.

Add seasoning if required and serve with a popadom or whatever you fancy.

I know there are lots of spices to add but I promise you wont be disappointed with it. Very easy to do, Joes only 14 and cooks this about once a week. It's flipping lovely.

I'm just about to eat my supper which is pretend raspberry topped cheesecake.

Place a digestive biscuit in a dish. Top with fage sweetened with a tiny bit of Splenda to taste. Then swirl half a teaspoon of seedless raspberry jam on top. Leave for half an hour for the biscuit base to soak up some of the moisture so it tastes like cheesecake base. It's really lovely.

Oh crikey........ I think I'm gonna need more Fage! Great recipes, can't wait to do that korma! :)

Thx guys. Was getting bored with plain Fage.

Wish I had shres in tht company LOL

I've bought all the ingredients to do that korma, possibly tonight if I get time, will be my first curry since my op last September so well overdue!

Me and Fage have been having a BIG thing going on ever since I went onto sloppies!
It is my tranfer addiction and I HAVE to have it everyday.
II flavout it with sugar free syrups ( peanut butter and coconut are my current favourites) and add blueberries ( my other must have/transfer addiction) , or other fruit. As I'm trying to up my fibre I often crumble in a chocolate weetabix and add 20grams of Bran Crunch or all bran.
I add a little vanilla flavouring and dollop it on top of sf jelly instead of cream.
I add it to savoury dishes to make creamy sauces. Yoiu have to be careful though because if you heat it too much it separates and looks terrible. Still tatses fine to me though!
I mix it with tomatoe puree to make sea food sauce for my prawns.
I mix it with a little bit of reduced fat blue cheese salad dressing for a dip. It goes further and I prefera mild taste.
And sometimes I just have a dollop of pure , unadulterated fage.
It has kept me going when I couldn't eat anything else, has been my reliable source of protein and tastes better tome than anything except chocolate.
Oh yes- I sometimes crumble a chocolate jumbo snack a jack in or mix with the very naughty chocolate philadelphia1
Yum

Wow loads of things there that appeal to me! I've got a load of sugar free syrups I ordered online, but all I have used them for so far is in coffees, so I will give that a go, thanks!

The sugar free syrups are very good aren't they. I buy 5 or 6 bottles at a time to save on the postage . I like my porridge plain but sometimes add some sf syrup to that as well, very yummy. I really like it in my coffee but only have 1 a day as I'm trying not to stimulate my naughty sweet tooth.

Where is the syrup from?

vickylou said:
Where is the syrup from?

I think places like the low carb megastore may do them. But I am not sure xxx

Back