• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat tax.. pay more to fly if your fat !!!!!!

brett30

keep smiling
HOW SAD !!

The introduction of a 'fat tax' on obese passengers moved one step forward today with Ryanair announcing ways it could levy the charge.
The Irish airline has come up with four alternatives and is asking passengers to vote on which option is most acceptable.
In what is seen as a backdoor way to introduce the tax ("led by passenger demand" etc.,), Ryanair said that it would now consider how to charge the fat tax.
The move comes after more than 30,000 passengers voted in favour of charging excess weight fees for very large passengers in an online vote over the past two weeks, said a spokesman

A Times Online report on how Ryanair was maneouvering to bring in the tax last week attracted 42 comments, many in favour. And an Online poll attracted 590 votes - with two-thirds also in favour.
The Ryanair proposals are:
* Charge per kg over 130kg/20 stone (male) and 100kg/15 stone (females);
* Charge per inch for every waist inch over 45 inch (male) and 40 inch (female);
* Charge for every point in excess of 40 points on the Body Mass Index (+30 points is obese);
* Charge for a second seat if passengers’ waist touches both armrests simultaneously.
Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said: “With passengers voting overwhelmingly for a ‘fat tax’ we are now asking them to suggest which format the charge should take.
"The above four points seem to us to be the simplest, fairest and administratively easiest to apply. In all cases we’ve limits at very high levels so that a ‘fat tax’ will only apply to those really large passengers who invade’ the space of the passengers sitting beside them."
Passengers can vote for their preference on www.ryanair.com until Monday April 27.

bloody hell - it'd cost me an arm n a leg to fly at the moment then!! Though i dont expect to take my next flight until ive lost a considerable amount!

Don't fly with Ryanair.

Omg the barstewards!!!!:mad::mad::mad:It's bad enough them ripping us off with their dodgy scales and baggage allowances, now this:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well now I have heard it all!! What's next rebates for the underweight people??? I think I read somewhere that they were going to start charging for using the loo. I would be tempted to ask for the loo seat if I were asked to pay more for my seat because of my BMI/weight/waist inches. Also, does it seem a bit sexist to you all. Because I am female I therefore am not entitled to take up as much space???

URGGG, they will do anything to save money.

Nic:mad::mad::mad::mad:

i am absolutely outraged by that!!!! RYANAIR are complete **%%^&*$££%^%%^....you get the drift. Reading that has infuriated me!!!! But then being fat one can't complain to them cuz that would be too easy for them to oppose. Arseholes!!!! And to think when I'm slim I want to be air steward for BA. I certainly wouldn't go to Ryanair, i hope they go bust this year!!!

Ok - so say they go ahead with this scheme. How on earth are they going to regulate and monitor it. Weigh every passenger? Measure every passenger? It is stupid!

So maybe i agree that if someone take up 2 seat then they should pay more. That kind of makes sense BUT if you are taking one seat then pay for one seat. I mean for every fat person there is a skinny one os it all balances out weight wise.

Ther is only one word to describe a managment like the one at ryanair for bringing in a levy like this and its
SCUM!!!!

Have you seen what the other alternatives were!!!

1. 29% - Excess fees for very overweight passengers,
  2. 25% - €1 for toilet paper – with O’Leary’s face on it,
  3. 24% - €3 to smoke in a converted toilet cubicle,
  4. 14% - Annual subscription to access Ryanair.com,
  5. 8% - €2 “corkage” fee for passengers who bring their own food onboard.

I'm pretty sure if you were asked to vote on taxing overweight people or toilet paper with someones face on it you would not take it seriously in the first place!

What about human rights .This makes me so mad if it was on colour it would be called racist maybe poeple should refuse to travel with them.Next it will be if you have the wrong colour hair.

I wouldn't fly with RyanAir anyway - they have always appeared to me to be rather arrogant in their approach to the people who fly with them - so whether i was stick thin or filled 3 seats they can take a flying jump (i hate flying anyway)

I think this might be a bit of a publicity scam... no publicity is bad publicity and all that!! I heard the marketing guy on an irish radio station and he didn't deny thats what they were at!!

Would take it with a pinch of salt to be honest. The amount of people who would have logged on to Ryanair saw the cheap deals of the day and booked something I would say was worth the backlash they will get!!!

That's outragous!!!!!!!! Does it aslo mean they wiil be providing extra large chairs, Or longer seat belts, I bet it dosn't

if ryan air think this and get it all the othere airlines will follow suit i think its discusting how ppl treat fatter ppl its not fair we have feelings they should get a life instead of making money out of baggage oh and now over weight ppl

sarah x

when I was in Las vegas we went on a helicopter trip down the strip at night. When we got the the airport to get the copter we had to be weighed if you were over a certain weight you had to pay for 2 seats

Back