• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling poorly sick.

lyndajoan

has any one ever suffered with cellulitis,:confused::confused: its not the orangey peel type thats on the top of your skin. its deep in the tissue i have got it in both my feet, carnt walk, well waddle in my case:mad::mad: been the out of hours today, the doctor has given me antibiotics, cream, pain releive (which must be working cos i could not concentrate on anything today) tablets to stop the itching. :cry::cry:

its a curse this thing i must of had it about 6 times now, dont know how its caused might be due to my weight going to look it up i think.

thanks for listening.

hope you feel better soon Lynda :( xxx

I get it in a big lump in my leg and been put in hospital to many times :( tend to get very sick with it! shivering, hot, sick and it comes on so fast.
Hope you get well soon hun (((((hugs ))))))

That sounds awful for you, Lynda, hope you feel better soon, hon ... not sure if it is weight related or not as my sons, ex girlfriends, mum gets it really bad in both her arms & she is quite slim ... hugs xxx :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Last edited:
It's a horrible thing and I hope you feel better really soon xx

Hope you feel better soon xx

I bl**dy hate being ill xxx

i read that web page on cellulitiss, thanks benrese it was really helpfull to me,i do hope my antibiotics work as i will have to go in hospital if not on monday, thats something i would like to avoid, i am getting all the sleep i can many thanks once again.

Oh, you poor thing. My sister and her partner both get it on and off and have both spent time in hospital because of it. I'm told it's an extremely painful condition :(

Lets hope you are feeling better soon (((hugs))) xxx

I've just spent 10 days in hospital with it. I've been home two weeks now and my leg is still very swollen and sore. My leg has felt and reacted as though it's been scalded and I'm currently going through the blistering and peeling stages.

When I first got it, I felt light headed followed quickly with a fever that lasted 24 hours and a high temperature which went on for 8 days (I guess the infection).

In hospital the consultant was concerned as I wasn't getting improvement from the IV antibiotics and so I was being treated for a DVT as cellulitis can emulate a DVT too. Luckily I didn't have a DVT and I am improving daily.

It is a very painful condition when it really takes hold and can become very serious. I've had it before but nothing like as severe as this latest bout which has really frightened me.

You can get recurring cellulitis once you have suffered with it the first time as easily as getting an insect bite or like me I had a small nick in the skin behind my little toe. My legs are constantly swollen and this is an ideal breading ground once the bacteria on the skin surface finds a way in.

Reaching my feet to cream them and pamper them regularly is almost impossible with my stomach getting in the way but I'm going to have to do something now as a preventative measure as I'm so scared of this happening like this again.

If you are feeling anything like I've felt then my heart goes out to you and I hope your antibiotics soon kick in to give you some blessed relief.

My only advice is to keep your feet elevated as often as possible so the swelling subsides.

Big hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Xxxxx

Ive had it in the face 3 times and hospitalised everytime as it was so near my eyes,you can lose your eyesight.Iv antibiotics cleared it but Im allergic to penecillin so have Erithromyicin(sp)its like battery acid going through your veins!Hope your better soon.Maz x

Back