• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

*cough..splutter..urrrgghhh..help pls..

>> crawls in.. *coughs.. *sniffs.. ok ladies.. am back.. kinda.. in need of advice..

As you might have guessed.. am poorly.. again.. have never felt so crap and run down as I have this last 8mths and its really getting me down.. At the min - am on penicillin for a recurrence of the same infection I had earlier this year which has seen me on 4 other doses of anti-biotics from feb thru to august..

I've got a problem though with my eating.. or lack of it.. Can anyone advise on what is likely to be best for me to do about my diet over the next few days? In the beginning (back in feb) I ended up down to 1 meal and a slim fast shake a day.. not good I know but saw it as better than nothing... but I know if I can't get my eating under some sort of control at the moment - then my body will hit 'starvation mode' - and my head is going to explode because my weight will creep.. :confused:

Can tolerate ambrosia rice pudding with a half spoonful of honey in it (the only sugary anything I now have), can tolerate soup and scrambled egg, mince, casserole or half a plain omelette, hartleys n.a.s. jelly-pots, chicken and yoghurt.. but I know things like these aren't really going to give me a lot of vitamins,minerals and energy my body needs to help fight this infection.. Does anyone have any tips or advice on what else to try having?? I'd just started to get rid of the small gain from the last few mths and down to 15st 13 :) yayyy.. from 16st 10.. and as you can probably guess.. my sleep pattern is shot too - partly because using my cpap dries my throat and sinuses up even more so I end up with a sand-dune inside my head...least thats how it feels.. but know MUST use my cpap but unless am literally dead on my feet - I can't get to sleep :cry:

Sorry for the ramble Ladies.. and thanks for looking anyways.. here's hoping someone can advise me on what's going to be best..

Why not try some Complan, around 250 cals and contains plenty of vits and minerals.

You could use it to replace a couple of your meals when you dont feel like eating, when you do a casserole with chicken and veg would be good.

Hope you feel better soon x

Sounds like a good idea Mazza :)

I hope you are feeling better soon Mands, it must be really draining for you after all this time. xxxx

Thanks Maz & Jen.. will have to look for some Complan and see if can tolerate it.. lol..

It is draining.. very draining.. and obviously because energy levels are as shot as is my sleep pattern right now.. I'm not up to doing a huge amount of exercises either :sigh: and know because of it.. weight will creep.. :eek: my P.M.A. seems to have gone on holibobs and left rest of me behind am afraid..

Managed half a chicken leg today with 4 small sprouts, a spoon of carrot mash and 2 florets of cauliflower with a drizzle of gravy.. only thing had ate since waking just after 11am this morning other than 4 teaspoons of yoghurt about 1pm..

Have to go back to drs at some point this week as she's planning on referring me on for further tests due to the recurrence of this infection and wants to check if its to do with my sinuses - or send me for a tonsillectomy :(

something else I could do without right now but as per..will glue on my smile, nod in all the right places and take it a step at a time.. nothing more I can do really.. (feeling very down right now but thats another story..sorry)

Wishing u all the best & hope u feel better soon xx

Aaw Mands - sorry to hear your feeling so poorly, sending great big ((((((hugs))))))) your way xxx

If your sinuses are a problem, then I know how miserable that can make you feel......I had ongoing infections until they drained mine and then I felt like a new woman. So I hope they can find the cause of your infections and eliminate it for you pet x

I found with mucus type infections that dairy products, yogurts, milk, cheese etc; made it worse, but this may not be the case for you as they hav`nt fully identified what is the cause.
Complan is a good idea to add to your diet until you are re-vitalised and strengthend. Also try having some vegetable stir frys a couple of times a week.....I use the spray oil to cook in and chop up lots of different types of veg, you could also add chopped chicken pieces, finely chopped bacon, ham, and sometimes do a little fried rice with an egg added ( my o/h likes this and I have a small amount as I can`t tolerate very much rice!

Hope things improve for you very soon and you get your va va, voom back!

Take care x

Love Kat x

Back