• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment date

Goodluck :)

Hi! Just read through some of my old posts and thought I'd see how you are getting on? I have completed the tier 3 now, waiting my paperwork from that but spoke to GP anyway last week and she has said that she is happy to refer me to surgery if that's what I want as long as paperwork shows I attended all my tier 3 appointments (which I did, even though I put on 7lb on that!!). So fingers crossed I will get accepted for funding and have the go ahead!

How about you?xx

Hi barbiegal,

I went to see Consultant on 13th March who said I would benefit from surgery but, I should of had a dieticians appointment on same day. Unfortunately, the Dietician was sick so app was cancelled. Consultant said he thought I was ready for surgery but would have to see dietician first as she may want to see me more than once. He said he thought surgery would be either May or June. Will see dietician 16th April so might no more then. I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed

Hi barbiegal, I went to see Consultant on 13th March who said I would benefit from surgery but, I should of had a dieticians appointment on same day. Unfortunately, the Dietician was sick so app was cancelled. Consultant said he thought I was ready for surgery but would have to see dietician first as she may want to see me more than once. He said he thought surgery would be either May or June. Will see dietician 16th April so might no more then. I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed
That sounds great, and the surgery seems to be much quicker than I originally expected- I thought it would be a 12-18 month wait!! So did you get recommended for surgery from the tier 3?? Do you know what the process is for getting funding agreed? I don't think my GP has referred a patient before so she hasn't been able to tell me how long it will be until I know once she has referred me- I don't know if she applies to a panel first who have to agree finding and then
they get back to her to refer to Surgeon?? So many questions! Good luck with it all hun x

That sounds great, and the surgery seems to be much quicker than I originally expected- I thought it would be a 12-18 month wait!! So did you get recommended for surgery from the tier 3?? Do you know what the process is for getting funding agreed? I don't think my GP has referred a patient before so she hasn't been able to tell me how long it will be until I know once she has referred me- I don't know if she applies to a panel first who have to agree finding and then
they get back to her to refer to Surgeon?? So many questions! Good luck with it all hun x

I just saw my GP in September we discussed wls and we looked at all the different diets etc and the amount of weight I had lost and gained over the years and she referred me to the Bariatric team. I got my appointment from them on 7th Nov had a Group Session about the different surgeries. I had my appointment with Surgeon now waiting for dietician to give OK. Different areas do it different ways a friend of mine who started her journey 2 months after me in Essex is having surgery next week! She's so lucky x. But our turn will come just ask to be referred to Bariatric unit and I think hospital does it all not GP. So long as you meet criteria of over 40 bmi etc

I just saw my GP in September we discussed wls and we looked at all the different diets etc and the amount of weight I had lost and gained over the years and she referred me to the Bariatric team. I got my appointment from them on 7th Nov had a Group Session about the different surgeries. I had my appointment with Surgeon now waiting for dietician to give OK. Different areas do it different ways a friend of mine who started her journey 2 months after me in Essex is having surgery next week! She's so lucky x. But our turn will come just ask to be referred to Bariatric unit and I think hospital does it all not GP. So long as you meet criteria of over 40 bmi etc
Thanks, will hopefully know soon then!x

My date for surgery is 8th May, so into LSD. Decided to go for sleeve some time ago. Can't wait until op is over.

Hey res I just got my first appointment letter through for homerton in October I can't wait I feel like i've waited forever for this x

Hi Stephanie
I've been on this journey with Homerton - they have been soooooo brilliant and efficient. Good luck for your journey chick x

Back