• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment with surgeon

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
A friend of mine has finally gotten her one on one with the surgeon after being with the weight management clinic for over a year. She was wondering what happens at that appointment and how long usually until surgery? Nothing has been said to her about funding.

She asked me these questions but I couldn't answer them as I won't be seeing a surgeon until next year at the earliest if I continue down the NHS route.

It probably varies from hospital to hospital what happens at your first appointment. Some who is at the same hospital/surgeon will a better idea what goes on.

At my first appointment he reviewed my blood tests result that had been order a day or 2 by the bariatric nurse. When I saw the nurse she took note and he went over them.

He said he thought bypass would be better for me and discussed the operation and that he wanted me to lose 7kg before the op. I wasn't with him very long but I feel he cover all I needed to know.

I know some see there surgeon a few times before they have there op. I've only seen mine once and don't think I'll see him again till the day of my op, but I'm ok with that.

Back