• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Consultation Post Op

BlondeMoment

Hi Minis ,

I have just got back from a appointment to seeing my bariatric surgeon/consultant,but i didnt see him,i saw a dietician which i found strange as this was my first appointment since my op,i thought i would have seen him to discuss the progress so far and maybe check the wounds.
Is this normal practice,did other wls members see a dietician on their first appointment ?,Gaynor (thinkbethin)was also there as well for her first appointment and she only saw the dietician.

Another reason for asking is i remember when Fedup1981 posted a while back and she sees the same consultant Mr Ackroyd (Sheffield),she said that he was pleased with her progress,maybe he just had a busy clinic today.

Thanx Again

Hi Di,

didn't want to read and run, at least you got to see a dietician...mine stood me up today....Grrrr!

aftercare really is a lottery :rolleyes:

i was supposed to see the dietician but she didnt turn up so i saw a member of my surgeons team instead who checked my wounds ect. i was glad in away as this gave me peace of mind that everything was ok. not so bothered about the dietician as get all my info on here!!!!

It seems usual on NHS to only see dietician / bariatric nurse post op. Usually only see surgeon if there's a problem.

Back