• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Negative Nasty Comment Today!

Bellydancer57

Well this is my first since op. went to water workout & saw a fellow swimmer I knew from a year go. Everyone congratulated me on my weight loss etc & I told them about my op. she piped up 'has your hair fallen out yet?' & I said thankfully 'no' to which she replied rather nastily 'well it will!'.
Charming!
Yes I know this might happen as my medical team has indicated but not nice to be reminded by a virtual stranger!
Anyways you'd be proud of me coz I replied 'yeah but I'll still be gorgeous!' LOL
Power to us post Opper & of ourselves all our pre Oppers who are waiting so patiently.

good for you getting a quick comeback in , i never think of stuff quick enough xx

I'd have said "well I'll still be gorgeous! Can you say the same about yourself?" :p

TBH, as nasty comments go, it's relatively mild. I thought she was going to say something about cheating, too lazy to diet, and all that stuff. She's hit a nerve with you and your hair, as you are obviously worried about it, and you did the right thing to come back with a confident comment, even if you didn't feel as confident underneath.

Yeah TBH my hair is my crowning glory & always has been. Terrified of loosing it & worried about trying to get my protein level etc up to give it my best shot.
Well I've got Nicky Clarke's team on the case so in expert hands albeit costs an arm & a leg LOL
Thx guys for your support. X

ooh what a cow... funny how jealousy shows its ugly head.
she needs to know some facts...
1. not everyone has hair loss
2. anybody at anytime in there lives wls or not can lose hair.
3. hair loss is common with all types of major surgery.
4. poke her in the eye!!

LOL yeah will do & splash her at the next water workout!

Sorry but my come back would have been ,no it hasnt fallen out yet but keep talking too me like that and yours will be shortly ! What a nasty person , well done on your journey sounds like a bit of the green eyed monster too me xxxx

Hi hun, I am 11 months post-op and although a bit of thinning, still have lovely hair - and other benefits far outweigh a bit of thinning xx nasty jealous girl xx

What a nasty piece of work she sounds! :flamingmad:
Good on you for the comeback and make sure you do more than splash her next week.....squirt her with the shower on cold too when she's not looking! :whistle:
Em xxxx

I wouldn't worry about her. I've gotten mean comments from a former gastric bypass patient. She said she planned on loosing all her weight and keeping it off. I told her me too, and she said we'll see in a year! It made me want to do good even better.

What I always say to people who comment on my weight is is

Yes you are correct I am fat it's fantastic that you have been able to see that, and I could if I wished go on a diet and loose all my extra weight, but you, no matter what you do, you will always be a pointless ugly twat and there is nothing you can do about it.

It also helps being over 6 foot with a good right hook, as many an pointless ugly twat has found out :)

Just ignore the jealous pointless ugly twat.

Paul

Thx to all you guys. You've made me giggle. Can't wait til Thursdays session it's gonna be wet & wild. Think I might leave off my speedo swim hat & let the locks flow (at least while I can) LOL

Back