• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fitness Goals 27-Oct-2010

cah-ching

So how did you all get on today?? :)

I'm feeling really disillusioned. I do exercise because I enjoy the social side of going to the gym (just mixing with people mainly) but I also train because I want to lose weight. The weight loss isn't happening .. can't begin to tell you how jaded that is making me.

Anyway ... I AM off to the gym this evening, but may not do double spin or the Body Combat class. Feeling very very jaded.

That's my goal for today folks

I did one spin class and wasn't even trying hard ... I worked hard for some of the tracks they played as I enjoyed them but on the whole my heart wasn't in it. :( I stayed for 10 minutes of the next class.

May be my spirit will perk up a bit tomorrow? x

CC sorry was not on here yesterday - but just read your thread. Have you asked about another fill or cant you have one yet. I am so sorry you are down about the whole weight issue - hope you can get your mojo back and go forward positively.

I know I am a bypasser not a bander so I dont really know how to help - but I know that most bypassers take in less than 1000 calories a day (well certainly for the first few months), and sometimes considerably less (I am struggling to get to 800) and as well as that some of our calories are not absorbed - so although it is still not an easy option it must make weight loss easier. I really feel for you. Sending you a hug my friend xx

thank you hsmel!

I'm having a fill in about 3 weeks. Until then i have to be s good as possible and work my ass off.

Hopefully the benefits of exercise will kick in soon. I know for sure my glutes and adductors are much stronger than they were - thanks to spin i think.

I think my measurements are similar to what yours were at the start I'll retake them again in a few weeks to see how I go - may be they'll tell a different story.

Currently they are

Left leg: 33.5"
Right leg: 35"
Waist: 42"
Hips 55" (9.5" from scar)

can you come clean mine mixxy?....x

You know I think you might be over training honey

Remember if you drop below 900 calories a day your body will go into starvation mode. Thats 900 calories it can use to fuel itself.

If you are exercising as much as you are you do perversely need to eat more to keep starvation mode at bay

So you eat 1,000 calories. You do 45 minutes spin which burns up say 500. That means your body has only 500 to fuel it so it hangs onto every last ounce just to maintain itself. Result weight loss slows down or stalls

If you are burning lots of calories exercising you need to eat more to stop this, so you'd need to eat 1400 to give your body enough to survive. Just a thought

You know I think you might be over training honey

Remember if you drop below 900 calories a day your body will go into starvation mode. Thats 900 calories it can use to fuel itself.

If you are exercising as much as you are you do perversely need to eat more to keep starvation mode at bay

So you eat 1,000 calories. You do 45 minutes spin which burns up say 500. That means your body has only 500 to fuel it so it hangs onto every last ounce just to maintain itself. Result weight loss slows down or stalls

If you are burning lots of calories exercising you need to eat more to stop this, so you'd need to eat 1400 to give your body enough to survive. Just a thought

You're right. Thanks for the advice Karlos. I've done a little less exercise this week and eaten a bit more, but all low fat options.

Thanks again ....

Cah-ching x (fed up & disillusioned)

Back