• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

five years post op D/S

Cicca

Hi I'm Anna,

I'm 5 years post op 1st part of the ds and 3 years post op 2nd part. Doing well, embraced my new life. Never looked back really only a small problem has now reared it's ugly head! I'm in severe malnutrition. Low calcuim, low iron, and copper.

Stats are; lost 18 stone and exceeded the drs expectations.

Any other ds's out there who are having nutrition problems? And or advice.

Not able to answer your specific questions but wanted to say hello and welcome aboard xxx

Hi Cicca

And welcome, there are lots of sleevers on here but not many regular posting DS'ers!

Well done on your weight loss - thats fantastic but sorry to hear you are suffering now. What does your team propose to do to help?

Maz x

I haven't been back to see the team, pretty poor service from them. I'm seeing my gp who is trying her best. I might call them and see if they'll see me. I don't have much faith in them - I was anemic 6 months before my dr found out. The 'team' had failed to pass on my results.

My bmi is 26 now, so yes excellent results though- thanks!

Cicca said:
Hi I'm Anna,

I'm 5 years post op 1st part of the ds and 3 years post op 2nd part. Doing well, embraced my new life. Never looked back really only a small problem has now reared it's ugly head! I'm in severe malnutrition. Low calcuim, low iron, and copper.

Stats are; lost 18 stone and exceeded the drs expectations.

Any other ds's out there who are having nutrition problems? And or advice.

Wow amazing well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks, my weight stabalised about a year ago. Haven't lost any more but neither have I put any on. Had a tummy tuck last year, apart from that swimming took care of the rest of the skin issues.

Back