• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flight connections at LHR and many crazy ramblings

sharon2014

Morning all!

Totally not WLS related but dilemma!!!

My flight from Scotland to Vegas is all on 1 ticket via Heathrow Terminal 5...now it was changed for timings and I have 1 hour and 40mins to catch the next flight...do we think this is enough time?? I know it's 1 terminal but I think there are 3 parts of it..stressing a little in case i miss the Vegas flight as don't think there is another that day!?

Has anyone got good experience of travelling through terminal 5?? All bags are checked..worst case if I miss my flight, are they obliged to put me up at hotel if no flights to following day or reroute me??

Any help would be great guys!!

Oh and if I did change the domestic it would mean I would have almost 4 hours between flights..which the BA guy said was adding to an already long journey!!

My gut is telling me to stick with the original flights (granted it's been a bit dodgy lately ;)

I'm travelling WTP....and I understand I get a meal from the club world menu..do we think this is better or should I request a low fat meal.. (Be an economy meal) may not even eat on the flight!

Xx

Hi hun, I have some experience of Terminal 5 as I flew to New York from there in November. It is huge dont get me wrong but they have a very efficient underground subway like system in place which whisks you down to where you need to be so there are no long walks or having to use the flat elevator type things. Its all very streamlined and we arrived at the airport about 3 1/2 hours before our flight and had time for shopping and even waited 45 minutes in a restaurant for breakfast and still had plenty of time so I wouldn't worry hun honestly xxx p,s I cant help on the meal part as I haven't had my band yet, I'm having it done on 13th May xxx

Oh thanks love!!! It was years since been there, normally fly direct and I actually think it was the first year it opened! That puts my mind at ease love thanks!! :)

I think I will have little snack before the flight just in case!!

Oh that's so exciting about your band!! You will have it when I'm away..I will be excited for you!!! I had my band August 23rd and went from 21stone to 16st 1.5lbs!! It's been a great journey..it's still hard work but totally worth it!!!! :) Xxx

Morning Sharon

Not sure if I have read it right, do you mean you need to get from 5 to 1.

From Terminal 5:Arrivals: Follow the purple signs " to Flight Connections" see Brithish Airways Customer Service desks for Flight Connections.
Its before Secuirity in Terminal 5

Terminal 1 as 4 Terminals

Terminal 5: show staff your ticket, then you can catch the Heathrow Express takes 20mins
or London underground 16mins
Both are free from airport.

If your bags are already booked in, they will wait for you.

Hope this helps Sharon, have a nice day xx

Morning Sharon Not sure if I have read it right, do you mean you need to get from 5 to 1. From Terminal 5:Arrivals: Follow the purple signs " to Flight Connections" see Brithish Airways Customer Service desks for Flight Connections. Its before Secuirity in Terminal 5 Terminal 1 as 4 Terminals Terminal 5: show staff your ticket, then you can catch the Heathrow Express takes 20mins or London underground 16mins Both are free from airport. If your bags are already booked in, they will wait for you. Hope this helps Sharon, have a nice day xx

Thanks Willow! It's actually Terminal 5 to Terminal 5 but it looks like there are 3 buildings to terminal 5, so was hoping it's a smooth transfer!! The bags are booked through so hopefully be good! (And have little duty free shopping time) xxx

Hi Sharon

You will be fine, yes there is 3 A B C, departures is on level three.
But if you go to the Flight Connection desk, they will tell you from there.

You will have plenty of time to have a snack, and a look around.
It's pretty big, but least you are not messing about having to go to another Terminal it's all in the same building.

Sorry can't help with the food.

Hi Sharon You will be fine, yes there is 3 A B C, departures is on level three. But if you go to the Flight Connection desk, they will tell you from there. You will have plenty of time to have a snack, and a look around. It's pretty big, but least you are not messing about having to go to another Terminal it's all in the same building. Sorry can't help with the food.

Thanks Willow!!! :)

I'm not too fussed about the food was just curious, food I can honestly say isn't a no1 focus for me now..! :) I know I need to eat regularly so I'm thinking get couple little snacks from boots just incase on for the flight!

My friends I'm visiting know about my surgery so I will be fine with them, ones a chef so I'm hoping for an excite meal lol!!

Xxx

Wow thats amazing! Well done hunni :) Fingers crossed that I will be saying the same thing 6 months post-op when I fly out to visit my best friend in the USA where she is living. Its all very exciting and a little nerve wracking too, I just cant wait to get through the next few weeks up until surgery date xx

Thanks love!!

My friends I'm visiting haven't seen me in couple years and saw me at one my heaviest so hopefully they will be surprised!! :) granted they know about my surgery as thought be easier!

I'm sure you will do fantastic, just remember to stick to what the post op..don't rush from liquids as you need to give ur body plenty of time to heal!!

Can't wait to hear about it!! Xxx

Where in the U.S. Will u be visiting?? Xx

I work at Heathrow - ex-BA T5, now in T2.

You have ample time to connect through T5. You'll go through transfer security, it's not an issue at all. Enjoy Vegas baby!

Morning Sharon Not sure if I have read it right, do you mean you need to get from 5 to 1. From Terminal 5:Arrivals: Follow the purple signs " to Flight Connections" see Brithish Airways Customer Service desks for Flight Connections. Its before Secuirity in Terminal 5 Terminal 1 as 4 Terminals Terminal 5: show staff your ticket, then you can catch the Heathrow Express takes 20mins or London underground 16mins Both are free from airport. If your bags are already booked in, they will wait for you. Hope this helps Sharon, have a nice day xx

You don't need to do either of those (express or tube) to transfer intra-terminal at LHR. After your domestic arrival in T5, follow the signs for Flight Connections. Take an airside transfer bus to your relevant terminal. Job done.

You don't need to do either of those (express or tube) to transfer intra-terminal at LHR. After your domestic arrival in T5, follow the signs for Flight Connections. Take an airside transfer bus to your relevant terminal. Job done.

Brilliant! Dave do you have any idea where in terminal 5 they domestic BAs arrive and Int BAs depart? I'm a bit of a planner if you can't tell!!

I bet you are so excited! They will see such a huge change and I imagine there will be a few squeals of excitement at the airport arrivals! :) I am off to Seattle (in October), cant wait to be honest I'm really looking forward to it, she is over here next month (haven't seen her since December) for her wedding and then it will be May - October before I see her again so hopefully she will notice a difference in the new me when I arrive :) I'm travelling on my own too as my other half doesnt really fancy all the girlie things we will want to do so I am also looking forward to ticking off "travelling alone" from my bucket list! What date are you flying out? xxx

Yeah it's all very exciting lol!!! I fly 5th May!! :) cannot wait!! Just ordered some new dresses and underwear etc for going and that's all I'm getting as plan doing most shopping there!! :)

Oh that's exciting, your friend will notice a difference in sure!! :)

I used to stay near to Seattle..in the San Juan Islands..it was beautiful there!! Keep meaning to go back for a visit..loved seeing the whales swimming past!! :).

Oh that's good your getting to check something off your bucket list!! A first of many I'm sure!! Xxx

Sharon im going out T5 on the Monday, a day before you, its a nice terminal..dont worry about rushing through...ive got a strip search lined up for you...i would be more worried about that!! Oh and ive also emailed BA to say its your birthday so can everyone sing to you..that will be nice!! Oh what a lovely treat for you!!!!
Three weeks today and i will be there!!! Cant wait..i need to get my dollars srted over the weekend.

Sharon im going out T5 on the Monday, a day before you, its a nice terminal..dont worry about rushing through...ive got a strip search lined up for you...i would be more worried about that!! Oh and ive also emailed BA to say its your birthday so can everyone sing to you..that will be nice!! Oh what a lovely treat for you!!!! Three weeks today and i will be there!!! Cant wait..i need to get my dollars srted over the weekend.

Lmao thanks Karina, just as well I got some nice new undies!!! :) il embrace to Happy birthdays and make them upgrade me to clubworld!!!

Oh I was gonna get my dollars last week and said il wait till get paid and get all of it, bloody dollar went down a But again..only few dollars but annoying!! I'm not sure what to change..might get cash and a currency card..when I took some travellers cheques to NY they weren't widely accepted anymore, thankfully i just changed them each day at the hotel!!
X

I have used the post office currency card before that's good, you can use it as a bank card to pay it withdraw cash, it's like a prepaid credit card.
I'm just taking cash this time...god I can't wait!!!!!!! !!!!!! Did I tell you I was going on holiday in 3 weeks????!!!!

Brilliant! Dave do you have any idea where in terminal 5 they domestic BAs arrive and Int BAs depart? I'm a bit of a planner if you can't tell!!

BA domestics - T5 North (generally)

BA to LAS - it can be any pier - T5A, T5B or T5C. It's a 747 service, so it'll most likely be T5C or T5B. Always variable with BA, however.

Travellers cheques - don't bother.

Try Travelex online - pick-up at the airport, commission free and a better rate than just buying over the counter.

BA domestics - T5 North (generally) BA to LAS - it can be any pier - T5A, T5B or T5C. It's a 747 service, so it'll most likely be T5C or T5B. Always variable with BA, however. Travellers cheques - don't bother. Try Travelex online - pick-up at the airport, commission free and a better rate than just buying over the counter.

Thanks Karina!!

That's a great help Dave thanks!!! The last few years I used travelex, so that sounds like a good shout to me!! I may just stick with cash and take a couple cards with me!!

:)

Back