• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying with a band..advice please :)

Lostinmy30's

Ok this friday I am flying from Glasgow-Belfast and back again.

I have never been on a plane before :confused:

Its to visit my works UK head office. So I'm going on my own..for my first flight EVER!!!

So I'm wondering a few things:-
  • Will my band set off the metal detector doo dad?
  • Will flying affect the tightness of my band?
  • I want to wear my killer heels - will my feet swell when I fly?
I'm probably being daft and if nothing else I'll give you all a giggle by being so paranoid!

Bright Blessings,

Vicki )0(

So I'm wondering a few things:-
  • Will my band set off the metal detector doo dad?
NOPE
  • Will flying affect the tightness of my band?
ON SHORT HAUL... NOPE

• I want to wear my killer heels - will my feet swell when I fly?
AGAIN ON SHORT HAUL, I DOUBT IT, WEAR FLATS ON PLANE, CHANGE INTO HEELS WHEN YOU LAND ;)

Hi Hun
Can't give you any advice on band but Mark has all that covered already. I know what it will be taking for you to get on that plane, you put on those killer heels, take a good few deep breaths and hold your head up high you go girl and i look forward to meeting up again x

just got back from the US and that was a nine hour flight. I didnt set off the detector at either airport and the band didnt change all through the flight. I could eat and drink without any problems and had no feet swelling problems at all. Go for it girl and enjoy
Jo XX:D

Just to let you all know...I DID IT!!!!

Thursday night I was in a terrible state...crying, panic attacks,,,you name it. I barely slept and was up at quarter to 6 yesterday.

It was a wee twin prop plane and I can't type the language I used when I walked out the terminal building and saw it.

Both flights were bumpy - I had a lovely man chatting to me and calming me all the way there. I thank the universe for seating him beside me. His wife is terrified of flying so he knew how to keep me calm.

I sat myself at the window on the way back and watched below the whole way. How beautiful my country is and how fabulous the clouds are! I think I've found my element at last lol = AIR!

Thankyou all for your advice it really helped.

Vicki x

Reactions: Bev
Vicki, it's a great way to travel.
So glad you enjoyed it, it's amazing to see the landscapes.. you are right, our country is amazing!

Loads of love, Bev xxx

Back