• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food

ipeps

Hi I just had an scramble eggs. I am 12 days from having my bypass. and was wondering how long do you know if your stomach can handle it. It is the first food I have eaten since the operation. I am okay a t the moment,

Sorry for the nag but you have to stick to exactly what your dietician said. No matter how tempted you are, or if you can get away with it.

You can't see any damage you are doing to your internal stitches and staples. No one wants those to split :eek:

Mine was 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks purée, 2 weeks mush, then proper food. I've never actually got off the liquids but that's a different story :)

I have to agree with ThinnerJemima on this point its not worth the risk
I too wanted to push it a bit but didn't want to risk been ill so soon post op I didn't do a full 2 weeks on the puree I think I did around 12 days but spoke with my nurse who encouraged me to sick with it for the last 2 days so I did

Thank you, I have not eaten anything else, and I am sticking to the liquid diet . I have spoken to the bariatric nurse and she said that I will be able to go onto stage two on Wednesday.

Yay :). It's good to hear that you have a supportive team that you can call to keep you on track. These early days are a drop in the ocean to the rest of your life when a bit of normality does return :)

Back