• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FOR NEWBIES :)

I have a tip for when you start eating meat again post op.....make it as moist as possible.....when I was on purees I blended peices of chicken with chciken oxo so it was a bit sloppy (yummy though) and now I make sure I have lots of gravy.....the wetter it is the less chance of it sticking and causing pain :D XX

Thanks ladies for all your tips, i've taken notes and will start practising food chewing now because thats going to take some.

Keep logging on here!There is always someone with a friendly ear,a comforting hug,a good piece of advice or a joke to make you smile.After all thats what friends are for....isnt that a song?Lol Maz x

A lesson I've learned this week is, going back t the basics sometimes is the best thing to do for your pouch. After a couple days of failed attempts at new foods and lots of pain and liking I went back to sloppy liquid foods to give my pouch a break it is was great.

Hugs Dee xoxoxo. :) :) :) Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

What a brilliant thread. I would say don't just focus on the weight loss there are so many other things that need thinking about before and after. How will you cope with them is an essential element of the surgery. For example, the attitude of others around you which may change when you say you are having surgery, after its done. The loose skin, the change in your physical abilities, the loss of food as your best friend in times of stress etc etc. The weight off is wonderful but its not the total experience.

M

Keep logging on here!There is always someone with a friendly ear,a comforting hug,a good piece of advice or a joke to make you smile.After all thats what friends are for....isnt that a song?Lol Maz x

Great tip! Seriously its so very true!!

A lesson I've learned this week is, going back t the basics sometimes is the best thing to do for your pouch. After a couple days of failed attempts at new foods and lots of pain and liking I went back to sloppy liquid foods to give my pouch a break it is was great.

Hugs Dee xoxoxo. :) :) :) Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

One of the best things I learnt on my journey - seriously I forgot that as a decent tip - but it is! ALWAYS take a step back as your should not be sore or sick - so instead of keep trying and making it worse - go back a step! Well said!!

What a brilliant thread. I would say don't just focus on the weight loss there are so many other things that need thinking about before and after. How will you cope with them is an essential element of the surgery. For example, the attitude of others around you which may change when you say you are having surgery, after its done. The loose skin, the change in your physical abilities, the loss of food as your best friend in times of stress etc etc. The weight off is wonderful but its not the total experience.

M

Fab tip as always M x

Back