• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Found this ...& wanted to share with you all

los in it

23c998a484d360bbbf3af3db2e0eadde.jpg

hope it helps others as it has helped me

Actually ladies, without meaning to be a spoilsport, that is the worst possible way to measure your journey. The scales will never tell you all the things it should, even if you reach target weight.

Yvessa
thank you for your comments
I like I have and continue to have a worry of stepping on the scales after years and years of telling all those I love that
1- im happy in my skin
2- my weight don't stop me doing anything
3- im just big boned
4- I just have to look at a cake/chips/buffet and the weight just piles on etc ect
getting on the scales at the doctors would worry me as I knew the scales wouldn't lie and I could not get away from what it was showing me no amount of clever dressing only eating small meals in front of my family could ever let me get away from what the dial was showing me
just walking by the scales in boots would give me a shiver
so when I started this WLS journey I still wouldn't get a set of scales because I felt that people would look at me as if to say" you don't need a scale to tell yourself your fat we can all see your fat!"
so my scales are the symbol of a start of making a new me ,a better me
its great (for me at least) to have beaten that fear of getting on any scales and fingers crossed the dial going the other way it shows me im going in the right direction and gives me back confidence that I have missed having in a long time I have spent far to long bluffing to my family/friends /work mates about been a confident woman
it took me such a long time to post my photo of me you wouldn't believe all because I was worried would comment on my size and telling myself I must be the biggest person on this site having the feeling of been exposed was so scary ,after putting my photo up I had the case of the wobblys and nearly took my photo off
so the posting is to remind me of why im doing this and it helps me so if it can be a help to any one else then that surely has to be a good thing
even during this LSD I cant always see the weight coming off (I know its not about losing weight its about the liver)to see the lose been shown on the scales is such a boost and in turn the fear of the scales is slowly going
I use to hide my scales in the cupboard for me not to see it has scales for me symbolise weight ,worry ,lose of control
it no longer has that fear over me it now symbolises strength ,confidence, control
that for me is one of many reasons for posting
sorry its a long post
thank you for reading (hope it makes sense )

Last edited:
Hi Los in it anything that's helps you to lose and give you encouragement is ok in my world. We all have hang ups my biggest one was actually agreeing that I am over weight and I am big. I have lost a bit of weight and I still think I'm smaller than I am. It's about accepting you are not as you think you are and if getting on the scales tells you what you want to see then that's ok but it's not all about the numbers, it's about how you feel and cope :)

Thank you Mouse

Back