• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Friday night = wine and crisps

Ankaas

I'm soooo craving wine and crisps tonight. I've spent the afternoon at a till in m & s putting through other peoples scrummy food. I haven't given in (yet). I really miss taking a bottle of nicely chilled wine from the fridge - popping the cork - and glug glug glug into a lovely big wine glass and settling down with a big bag of crisps/nuts/dips etc. I'm driving myself insane here. Think I'm just gonna have to go to bed before I do any damage. Anybody else struggling??? :cry:

I miss my wine too, but I'm so thrilled with the weight I'm losing that it more than compensates at the moment :)
I think we can have the odd treat but in moderation. I haven't let myself have any yet but I may do soon xx

Sorry girls but I had a packet of wotsits earlier and I poured a glass of wine out at 7:30 and it's still half full. It's all in the mind once it was in front of me I didn't want it.

I used to drink a lot - two of my friends are big drinkers and I'd think nothing of putting away 2-3 bottles of wine between us, or drinking 6+ cans of cider in one sitting.

Been doing my pre-op diet for four weeks now and, other than the first week where I would've killed for a glass of wine, I've not really missed it. In fact, the idea of drinking makes me slightly ill now - had a small glass of "buck's fizz" last weekend for my friend's daughter's first birthday and took three small sips and left the rest!

Never thought I'd ever say that *lol*

Me too. Its the weekend and we've worked so hard all week we deserve a little treat. It did take me an hour to drinky glass of wine though!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sorry girls but I had a packet of wotsits earlier and I poured a glass of wine out at 7:30 and it's still half full. It's all in the mind once it was in front of me I didn't want it.

That's good to know happy days. It's probably all in my head xx:wave_cry:

Me too. Its the weekend and we've worked so hard all week we deserve a little treat. It did take me an hour to drinky glass of wine though!

Yea I've heard a lot of people saying that it takes ages to drink a glass of wine. Well at least I didn't give in and its a brand new day now and I'm up and ready to do another shift at m & s drooling at all the lovely food. I'm so glad i vented on this site before I caved in. I love you guys xxxx

I miss my wine too, but I'm so thrilled with the weight I'm losing that it more than compensates at the moment :)
I think we can have the odd treat but in moderation. I haven't let myself have any yet but I may do soon xx

I know what you mean - a moment on the lips and all that - it's a great feeling loosing weight isn't it. ;)

Wine and the odd pack of crisps is my downfall. But at least it's not chocolate I work with someone who had her op 16 month ago and all she does is eat crap she really annoys me just think what a waste of time and money that op was.

keep the good work up glad u are still doing well xx

im 14 weeks post op and at weekends i have a couple of gin and tonics i dont have crisps or nuts but i do have 2 squares of lindts chilli chocolate or the odd bag of pork scratchings, that is my treat for being good all week xxxxxxx

Why is it we always equate working hard all week deserves a drink or food?Dont get me wrong Ive done the same,but why not have a pamper night instead?Dont forget some peeps get transfer addictions so watch out for the drink!Maz x

Good point Maz. I've worked to stop rewarding myself with food. It's easy for me to say at the moment as at 9 weeks post op and most food is by no means a treat , but I'm trying to safeguard myself for the future when enjoyment of food returns and temptation sets in.
I have other treats now, like a new nail polish or cheap bit of jewelry, going for a walk or a swim,to the pictures or theatre, having a bath, downloading a new CD etc. I can afford a few little nice things given the amount I'm saving on food.
I haven't even thought about having chocolate but can see already that some things I like that go down easily need to be banished from the house-such as philly and peanut butter ! I could easily 'reward' myself with them and they are so high in calories !

Macy moo moo said:

I'm two weeks post op but why does it take an hour to drink a glass of wine?

Hi - speaking as a bander (as was the OP and the poster of the reply you quote, probably to make it last. It is a treat after all and a fairly high cal one, plus we shouldn't gulp drinks (even if we could) :8855:

Bypassers - as I understand are usually advised to stay away from the demon drink for sometimes upto a year post op, due to effects it can have but mainly to maximise weight loss in the 'weight loss window'. Someone may be able to explain it better :confused:

Butterfly1979 said:

Oh I'm getting better at it now! But I do try and make it last as long as I can, it worries me that I've worked hard all week and I don't want to add extra empty calories.

Back