• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrated at 8 weeks

I am about 8 weeks out from bypass and total weight loss pre op and post op is 71 pounds. I am frustrated because I lost faster before the surgery then I am now I have a lot more weight to go and I am eating really clean... exercising .....and I don't understand why after surgery I am having so many stalls. I have lost alot of inches in the waist and all around which I am happy about. I am just frustrated that the number on the scale is not moving as I feel it should. Am I being too unrealistic with my expectations? Also if one more family member asks me how much weight I have lost I am going to scream I feel so much pressure all the time for the weightloss number to keep going up..... sorry just had to vent.

Put the scales away - then when family ask you can honestly answer that, you don't know as this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix, take measurements as even if the sales dont register a loss often you drop inches :)

71 lbs is 71 lbs hon. you can't argue with it, and you've got to think about what you'd have to do to lose that 71 lbs without the help of surgery. Trust me - I was never a particularly fast loser and its so common that post oppers who've lost a lot preop don't lose as quickly post op. 8 weeks is pretty soon to get fed up - hang in there!

I am about 8 weeks out from bypass and total weight loss pre op and post op is 71 pounds. I am frustrated because I lost faster before the surgery then I am now I have a lot more weight to go and I am eating really clean... exercising .....and I don't understand why after surgery I am having so many stalls. I have lost alot of inches in the waist and all around which I am happy about. I am just frustrated that the number on the scale is not moving as I feel it should. Am I being too unrealistic with my expectations? Also if one more family member asks me how much weight I have lost I am going to scream I feel so much pressure all the time for the weightloss number to keep going up..... sorry just had to vent.

71lb is amazing. I'm 5 1/2 months out and I've lost 72lb and i have a long way to go so you doing a lot better than me. I have never gained weight but had lots of stalls. I too lost weight quicker before I started this but I never manage to keep it off. Don't be disheartened and defiantly don't compare yourself to others. Your doing brilliantly.

Put the scales away - then when family ask you can honestly answer that, you don't know as this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix, take measurements as even if the sales dont register a loss often you drop inches :)

71lb is amazing. I'm 5 1/2 months out and I've lost 72lb and i have a long way to go so you doing a lot better than me. I have never gained weight but had lots of stalls. I too lost weight quicker before I started this but I never manage to keep it off. Don't be disheartened and defiantly don't compare yourself to others. Your doing brilliantly.

Thanks I appreciate the positive encouragement!!:)

Back