• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones and crying what a mix!!

goofy07

Hi to you all just a couple of questions

I am two weeks post op felt fine till yesterday when I had my dinner and then it started the pain I thought it was dumping but it continued to become full blown gallstone pain. Now I have had them for 20+ years and no bother for 10 years but this is bad. Was up and down all night and are still hurting now can't believe having this issue now so soon after surgery.
Anyone else had this problem?
Also hormones appear to be all over the place I am crying at the drop of a hat really embarrassing when it happens in the middle of asda is this normal as I don't appear to have any control over it

Any advice will be welcome

Hi Alison, touch wood so far no probs there. Can sympathise with ya tho cos my mam and oldest sis both have had theirs removed. took all meds after op to stop them forming as well. A long while a go well few months some one came on with a remedy that worked for them something which dissolved them inside. think had something to do with lemon juice or cider vinegar. why don 't you staRT a thread asking for remedies. As for weepies yeah part of the course its like a bereavement process, the body is missing the old crap we used to have and the mind cant quite work out whats going on, then there was all the build upto the op, just plays havoc with ya body xx

Thanks Chrisa

All I have managed today is a glass of milk and even that set the pain off!! I might phone Kim and see what she says but going to see my son in Edinburgh tomorrow so don't really want to! Might just see how it goes then ring them!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Gallstones is pretty common in weight loss surgery patients - post weight loss :/ I guess you may have to have your gallbladder removed if it keeps playing up from this point forward? :( I know the pain and it's awful. I can't believe you've managed to live with them for 20 years! I was in and out of A&E with pancreatitis for five months until they finally removed my gallbladder...

I had almost exactly the same thing, 2 weeks post surgery I was hospitalised for a week with severe abdominal pain which was eventually diagnosed as gallstones... it then took a year for me to get my gallbladder removed as the surgeon refused to operate until my bmi dropped below 35! I had regular attacks & the team at L&D said I'd have to grin & bear it :( apparently its a regular side effect for bypassers... makes you wonder why they don't remove the GB at the same time! Hope you don't suffer with it too much x

I had almost exactly the same thing, 2 weeks post surgery I was hospitalised for a week with severe abdominal pain which was eventually diagnosed as gallstones... it then took a year for me to get my gallbladder removed as the surgeon refused to operate until my bmi dropped below 35! I had regular attacks & the team at L&D said I'd have to grin & bear it :( apparently its a regular side effect for bypassers... makes you wonder why they don't remove the GB at the same time! Hope you don't suffer with it too much x

Hi Beckaboo I just wish they hadn't changed their mind a month before as for two years they had said they would remove it. Now it lookalike I'm just going to have to put up with this till I lose enough weight !!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

This gallbladder problem really scares me. I wish there was something we could do to prevent it.

Although at the time I was devistated that my bypass on 18th march was cancelled due to pancreatitis from a stone blockage I am now thrilled at the timing as both op hopefully being done at once on 29th April. So now I think it was good timing x

Back