• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric reflux - is gastric sleeve a good idea?

Hi everyone, I'd booked to have a gastric sleeve early November. However, I suffer from acid reflux and take omeprazole, which controls it unless I eat certain foods or too much chocolate! Has anyone else who suffered from reflux gone on to have a sleeve and what outcome? Many thanks for your help and advice!

I've been on meds for reflux for years and had a sleeve. My acid was never even talked about and I only found out after it's not always recommended if you have acid reflux but I have various other medical conditions and the sleeve was still best overall. I was on meds for 3 months and then tried to come off them. Within a week I needed to go back on the tablets but it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things for me. Hope that helps x

Thank you :) all things considered this is the best if felt consistently for a very long time x

I had my band removed because my reflux was so bad. I've been on omeprazol for a year now and have gone on to have my sleeve with no sign of any issues x

I had my band removed because my reflux was so bad. I've been on omeprazol for a year now and have gone on to have my sleeve with no sign of any issues x
Hi Mazza,
Thats interesting. Did you have any problems before you had the band? How are you doing; your quite newly post-op?

Back