• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastroscopy Done and Dusted

malazak

Wasnt half as bad as i imagined

I chose not to have sedation as i didnt fancy having to sit around afterwards for over an hour.

Mr Hoare at Charing Cross was fantastic though in and out in 4 minutes including a biopsie of a tiny polyp (which he said was nothing to concern myself about).

The worst thing about it was the banana (i use the term loosely) flavoured throat numbing spray which was absolutely disgusting and a slight gag at the start.

So now thats all tests n stuff done now just have to wait for surgery dates and pre ops:)

Glad it went so well. 4 minutes is fantastic. He must be very good at it. Mine was in for over 15 mins unfortunately. I'm also one of those odd people who quite liked the banana spray lol.

Well to me it tasted like banana diarreah (not that i have ever had that lol).

Yeah he was very good done over 5000 of em.
Even made me giggle cos the guy before had it up the other end and Mr Hoare winked to his assistant as he promised me they dont used the same machines lol

ooo well done you on being so brave!!! im desperatly hoping i wont need one of these xxx

Kelly I think they do it on everyone at SRH.

Glad it wen so well Malazak. Mine was horrendous - they had to do it 3 times but that wasn't their incompetence, it was my panic (despite sedation) and pulling the thing out!

I had to beg then to go for the 3rd try and it took about 6 people to hold me down!

:( charis o dero x

Kelly i really wouldnt worry about it, The guy 3 in front of me had sedation and couldnt remember a thing about it when he came out and didnt feel a thing.
He was up and ready to go home about an hour or so later.
But like i said the worst thing was the taste of the anaesthetic.

Yeah, Kelly

the lady with me who was petrified also couldn't remember a thing! There I was in the waiting room, reassuring her, and then I go and misbehave.

It's another childhood thing hon. I have a lot of hang ups because of it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

well done will not be long before you get a date now and your be on the loosers bench

Yeah, Kelly

the lady with me who was petrified also couldn't remember a thing! There I was in the waiting room, reassuring her, and then I go and misbehave.

It's another childhood thing hon. I have a lot of hang ups because of it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The childhood thing is worrying me a lot when it comes to surgery. Certain feelings and situations still bring on a crushing panic. I feel completely unable to explain to my male bariatric nurse that my biggest fear about the op is waking up to find I have a catheter in.
The endoscopy was difficult for me because they held me down and I came very close to ripping the tube out and wanting to hit the doctor to get him away from me.

Back