• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Glamour Magazine Article (Sept. '10) - "I miss being a size 36"

i miss nowt about being nearly 30 stone....struggling to wipe my arris, struggling to get my shoes and socks on, my mobility was seriously limited, massive high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, aching back and joints, looking older than i do now, wearing clothes i could find to fit rather than fashionable items...shall i go on?? ;)

I understand this. I have gone from a size 26/28 down to a 14, and I have to say I do understand the mourning for my old body.
I know that some people know my story and some down - but I had this operation to have children. Thats it. No other reason in the world. I was not unwell, I had no aches and pains, I had bags of confidence, I loved my body, I had a loving partner and I thought I was gorgeous!
I am now pregnant so have achieved my goal - however I have little confidence - I am now married and I am much more ashamed of my sagging skin - I do think think Im gorgeous though ;) lol
I now feel like an overweight 'normal' person. Before I was fat and couldnt deny it, so I embraced it- now I find myself (pre pregnancy) covering up as I feel like a fat normal sized person. Im not ungrateful - I know long term wise my health will benefit and of course I am pregnant and having a relatively healthy pregnancy, and running around after a little one/ones will be much easier so please dont think of me as ungrateful - just trying to be honest and say Im finding it much harder slimmer.
Sal x

Back