• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to Belgium tomorrow for my surgery!

wombat

Hi everybody!!

I can't believe how time flies! Tomorrow me and my mum and my baby son are going to Belgium for my operation! I am very excited and very nervous!
Wish me luck :) Will stay there for 2 weeks (jusn in case).

Any advice what to take with me ot the hospital is appriciated :)

good luck xx

Thank you everybody!!!
I am so excited! I know it is going to be hard, but I am so happy.... well, and scared too...

Good luck hun xx

Good luck Wombat, the only thing i was greatful for in hospital was some no added sugar squash as i hate water!

Be sure to let us know when you are back in the UK and how it is all going for you xx

Thank you everybody! Your support is so importaint! About operation knows just my mum and my husband, so it is importaint for me to share and have all your support:grouphugg:

I def will let you know how I am doing once I back! At the moment it is a bit surreal... Is it really happening? I think I won't believe that it is really happening until I'll be in recovery!

Am imagining silly things - what if surgery will be cancelled or if something goes wrong and it won't be done or I die.... I know everything will be fine, but after my last c-section (bled a lot, almoust died) I have that stupid scare, not of dying, but of leaving my kids without their mum...
But I know Ill be just fine :)

:grouphug:

Hi

I also went to Belgium for a gastric bypass back in April.
Where are you going and who is your surgeon?
I stayed there for eight days and was discharged back to my hotel after 4 days. Everything was fine and I was so well looked after.
I took my laptop with me which I had downloaded some films and tv programmes onto which was a god send when I got back to the hotel as there was only a couple of English tv channels to chose from! I also managed to read a couple of books as well!
Apart from that I just slept and on one day I actually went into the city shopping with a lady I made friends with from Ireland who had the op on the same day! I got tired quickly but we just pottering around admiring all the clothes we would fit into in a few months time ! Lol
food wise I just took some packet vegetable soups which I strained 'the bits' out of , some sugar free Ribena cartons and some low fat actimel. That kept me going no probs!
I travelled alone ( no other choice) and I was fine so don't worry!
Anything else u want to know - just ask !
Oh and I'm 3 months in and 3 1/2 stone lighter so far and not regretted my decision for a second - so good luck !! x

Back