• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good news, Homerton said YES

PinkyButtonz

Today the Bariaric Nurse from Homerton phoned me to tell me the Multi-disciplinary team said YES. :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

They are now sending off for funding. I was told they don't turn people down with a BMI over 50 the have Comorbidities.

I'm so grateful to the nurse she has been very supportive and reassuring over the months. I speak to her fortnightly regards my weight, since the Weight Management clinic was closed. She has listen to my concerns when the MDT meetings were previously cancelled.

On cloud nine :).

yeah good news ! Grats your on the way :D Its nice when you find someone in the system that is helpful and doesnt look down their nose at you

Great news, well done..xx

thats great news congratulations xxx

That's fab news hun:family2:

the best news in the world when the man from del monte says yes!! fantastic news, well chuffed for ya

How exciting, it'll change your life forever i'm sure x

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just think, this time next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue

:DThats great news Pinky, :D

I'm hoping to hear something, any day now (fingers crossed) Coppack signed be back to Mannur in the spring, I had the sleep tests in June, results in July, the consultant and the chest hospital where they carried out the sleep tests last words to me were, ' I shall be writing to Mr Coppack and Mr Mannur straight away, you do not have to do anything, let's see if we can hurry this up a little '

I have never rung the Homerton to push things along because of waiting for all the other tests and things, but I'm thinking hmmm should I be calling them now to find out whether my next appointment will be a pre admission or do I have go go through another round of consultant and dietician appointments.

I was told last time at Homerton in the spring that autumn was probably a realistic surgery time.

Maybe we will be having our ops close to each other eh!

:DThats great news Pinky, :D

I'm hoping to hear something, any day now (fingers crossed) Coppack signed be back to Mannur in the spring, I had the sleep tests in June, results in July, the consultant and the chest hospital where they carried out the sleep tests last words to me were, ' I shall be writing to Mr Coppack and Mr Mannur straight away, you do not have to do anything, let's see if we can hurry this up a little '

I have never rung the Homerton to push things along because of waiting for all the other tests and things, but I'm thinking hmmm should I be calling them now to find out whether my next appointment will be a pre admission or do I have go go through another round of consultant and dietician appointments.

I was told last time at Homerton in the spring that autumn was probably a realistic surgery time.

Maybe we will be having our ops close to each other eh!

Hiya,

It all seems to be coming together for us Homerton Girls, just need some good new for Sarah now:).

I was told definatly this year also. I think it helped because some of the test he may of referred me for, my gp had aready done so. The bariatric nurse was also very supportive.

I think once I get funding thing will start moving (pre-op). My brother said if they turn me down he'll protest LOL.

I got the result of my sleep study. They said all was well. I said I didn't sleep well that night and am still very sleepy. I said I thought it may be due to the lupus and weight. The dr said it was fine to go ahead with OP. I'm due to see her again in 2 month to do the score test and if they feel they need to repeat the test they will.

You me and Sarah could all be in around the same time :).

Thanks everyone for kind messages.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear :).

pinky congrats on getting your funding for homerton do you know which surgeon you will have?

Swizzle definately call them i have had letters back from them cancelling appointments for new dates when i had not prevously recieved the initial appointment, so calls can prompt them plus you could put yourself forward for a cancellation as well. With all the swine flu around they are sure to get some

pinky congrats on getting your funding for homerton do you know which surgeon you will have?

Hiya, I've not got funding just a yes from the Multi-disciplinary team. I've been told my PCT always say yes if your BMI is over 50 & have weight related health problems. Was also told funding comes through quickly from them. I'll give it couple of weeks then phone & check. I'm under Mr Mannur 4 bypass.

Back