• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good protein combos for great weight loss.....Stepping up!

beepbeepcat

Thought I would start this thread to ask opinions on my diet an example which consists of

200ml SKYR with sprinkle on honey nut flakes
2 boiled egg whites with spinach
Piece of chicken with tablespoon of veg

4-5 pints of water/nas squash
2 large cappuccinos with green milk
Snack 2 ryvita thins and couple of strawberries

I am finding myself cutting a cm off the cheese corner when in the fridge, eating a couple of chips when I've cooked them for the rest of the family among other little naughty bits. Help!!!

I want to increase my vegetable and fruit intake so thinking of exchanging my lunch for a simple spinach, peach & cucumber smoothie then trying to remove the meat from my evening meal as I find its causing me to many digestive problems. Another idea was for me to take out the breakfast element as well and try a protein drink. Anyone with any help or suggestions who's post op.

Last edited:
Sorry Beep I'm not post op but I just wanted to wish you all the best X X

I'm on the pre op diet (doing liquid) could just eat some of your me menu now!!

Good luck hunny X X

Has anyone ordered direct from exante?

Beep
Because I am so dense sometimes , what does SKYR mean ? I can be totally blonde at time lol

It's an Icelandic brand name yogurt which is one of the highest forms of protein and extreamly low in fat too.

Oh thank you ! See , I would never have got that ! Hahaha ;)

skyr

Mindy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Ooooh can I ask where you get the yoghurt from please?

Healthier Weight do really nice protein cookies and the shakes aren't bad either.

Their website is Weight to Go x

Asda, waitrose, Morrisons and some Sainsburys I think do it. The yogurt is really thick but creamy like texture. As I say I have it with a sprinkle of crunchy nut cornflakes, strawberries, blueberries, peaches or on its own.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have ordered direct from Exante they were good but not sure about sugar content post op I did mine for my LSD

60+ protein
Sugars are low ish 17+
Fats 20+
Carbs varey 10-40
Cals 500-900!

My opinion ( and I'm sure others are much more knowledgeable)! You must hit at least 50 carbs a day for normal brain function. My nutritionist likes me about 90-100. Fat great, no more than 30 and your sugar is very low, it's ok to have a bit more but protein is great :) calories wise I think 500 is very low I used to eat 800 to 850 but have upped it go 950-1000 as I wasn't losing, but I guess we are all different X

Ladies the Skyr yoghurt is on offer for a £1 at Waitrose and the upbeat dairy protein drinks are 2 for £2 x

Last edited:
Have you tried the Arla protein yoghurts? Very thick and filling but a bit expensive....

I try to concentrate on protein but then don't get much else in. Would appreciate any tips or recipes. Skyr yoghurts 80p Tesco special
Offer so will give them a try

I eat one every day and a pint of milk, then 80g chicken for tea, (raw weight) and that's almost enough.

Back