• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my protein sachets . . . cheaper than a wig!

hsmel

I have found these on ebay and wondered whether they could be a shortcut to panic over how much protein I do/dont eat every day? They look too good to be true . . 50 gm of protein in 4 oz? I just wondered if anyone can tell me, even if you just had 1/2 of one of these a day it would help boost my protein on days when I find I struggle to manage more than 40 gm. My provider told me to try and take in 80 gm (I am quite tall and very active) - oh and I really hate protein shakes and bars!

LIQUID NITRO 50X SHOTS 50g WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE X 12 on eBay (end time 20-Jan-11 14:00:58 GMT)

Thanks

Last edited:
Im not sure on that form but the whey protein powder is mea t to be good u can have it in water or add it into ur foods. It speeds up motabilism ( excuse my spelling) also its half price in holland and barrett at the moment for the big tub £12 or something like tht! Sorry if this isnt useful! X

I'm not sure on what amount to take in but those seem quite expensive, albeit handy.

I prefer the powders to mix with milk.

Thanks mixxy its only cos I really dont like the powders but am worried that I do not manage enough protein on a day to day basis . . may try to get samples from a few places. Thanks anyway

Thanks Mixxy - will have a look now.:D

Those protein shots are useful for occassional use but is it worth remembering that the body can only cope with upi to 30gms protein at a time - I presume the excess goes down the loo!!
Perhaps have half at a time.

I manage my 100gm a day with food/milk and don't take supplements cos I hate them.

If I've had to miss a meal I have had Atkins bars and Ready to drink shakes - it usually happens cos foods been prepared then for some reason it don't stay where it's s'posed to!!

xxx

hsmel - I use these occasionally:

IDS New Whey Liquid Protein 12 x 42g Vials: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

They are a thick liquid, taste is a bit strange and I usually drink it in 2 drafts for better absorption.

I only take them now and again as I prefer the powder from MyProtein.

Thanks very much - that is my intention. I just know some days I am not taking enough protein and that is when I am more tempted by carbs and just do not want to go there!! Really dont like protein powders although saying that I have ordered some sachets from myprotein as a 'tester' as they do chocolate orange and chocolate mint which everyone seems to rave about (if you can possibly rave about a protein shake!!)

Will give them a try or will have a go at the shots. Just also feel I need to give my hair a chance as I am losing it by the handful!!!!

Thanks everyone for input. xxx

Hsmel- I found the choc flavours a bit odd and the strawberry/raspberry/vanilla and banana the best.
Now I just buy unflavoured and add some of their vanilla or strawberry flavouring.

THEY ARE ANGIN! Haha - they might only be 4oz, but trust me they taste so bad that Id rather not! I would try 1 or 2 first to see of you like them. They taste like undiluted juice! I even tried watering them down into a large glass of water - still bad! LOL
Try 1 and good luck x

THEY ARE ANGIN! Haha - they might only be 4oz, but trust me they taste so bad that Id rather not! I would try 1 or 2 first to see of you like them. They taste like undiluted juice! I even tried watering them down into a large glass of water - still bad! LOL
Try 1 and good luck x

Oh dear . . . well I certainly wont try a whole box then!! Thanks.

Well I have got my protein powder samples from myprotein.com. Some are decidedly odd flavours but actually as advised by some kind person on this forum (sorry I cant remember who it was) mixed with plain yoghurt they are actually passable! Not sure I would want a whole tub of any flavour though so I may just order sachets (far more expensive but variety may be the spice of life!!).

I now have raspberry ripple, cookies and cream, choc orange, choc mint, toffee fudge and banana dream to mix in my yoghurt. With sliced banana added in too they are all quite acceptable. Dont think I will ever be a protein shake fan (really cannot drink it!) but this way I can increase my protein without too much hassle. They are all ok although the banana dream is so sweet it is a bit sickly.

Thanks everyone - no need for the drinks and this way I may just up my protein enough to not lose too much more hair!! Cheaper than a wig . . . .:D

I buy vanilla protein powder as a base and then add to it, eg fruit, or a shot of espresso with ice, or my favourite which is Green & Black's organic cocoa powder. It's unsweetened and the cocoa has protein too !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That is quite a good idea Rose as I suppose the vanilla cant taste of much . . might do that next time too! It is all a bit of a learning curve for me as I had such bad experiences with lighter life etc it kind of puts you off protein shakes - but like this in yoghurt it is actually quite passable. The green and blacks cocoa powder sounds lovely is it not bitter though or do you have to add sweetner? Thanks.

I have the cappuchino and caffee latte flavour. When I do mine I make them with half milk, half water, and extra teaspoon of coffe and the powder and they are pretty nice iced coffee's.
HTH's xx

I wear wigs all the time and get them from about £12 from Hong Kong for funky colours. They are really well made (and I have a kind of addiction to them) and last well.

I lost my hair due to my Immune system being a ***** at me and they really have come in handy.

My pic is one of them.

Back