• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grateful

Ali_B

Not really a question....or a statement.

I just believe in saying thanks.

I'm really grateful for being able to have the operation, convinced it would never happen or it would go wrong.

My family for helping me recover for the first few weeks. And helping me with the surgery costs. (for NHS didn't meet criteria and GP just tells you to go for a walk!)

Grateful that i've so far on dumped once, whilst in hospital on chicken soup or milky coffee.

Grateful to get over the first 10 days. Hell, i wondered why i had done this to myself!

Grateful i'm getting my taste buds back, can now tolerate small amounts of milk.

Grateful for work giving me the time off. And everyone wanting me to take it easy on my return. And forcing me to not go running around as normal.

Grateful to everyone who works for me & works with me (over 200) who didn't call with emergencies or pain in the neck calls when i was off. Calls have now returned on me being back at work! but if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have a job! Never had a holiday without a call in 10 years.

Grateful to discover Sainsburys fresh soups - kept me going! You can have a curry, chilli, itailian etc... all in soup.

Moved to puree, now moving on....fun to say but ate 1/4 a baked spud yesterday and felt uncomfortably full.. first time i had felt restriction, so grateful i now know what that is so i can avoid that again!

Thanks for the 40lbs Weight Loss so far. Hoping it continues, it will do!! My head will catch up with the weight loss at one point.

Thanks to people who have answered my questions on here. Even though they may think they are stupid.

4 weeks gone, looking forward to seeing what the next 6 months brings! Feel like i'm waiting for it all to happen!!

thats a lovely post, and really kind. I wish you all the luck in the world with the rest of your journey.xxxxx

You have worked hard and deserve it!

Back