• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

grazer and a picker/ not a big meal person

sunny69

Hi again to all, had a consultation in Liverpool tues all went well still undecided as what to do but as i was discussing it later on with the o/h he asked would a band really work for me as i never eat a big meal i'll only have a relatively small portion reason being i pick all day kids leftovers , biscuit , sandwich is anybody elese like this and been banded?

No mine was portion size..so if you really are a true grazer ie little but often..the band won't be as effective I'm afraid..but that's just my opinion x

I have the same eating pattern and have been training myself to get used to eating meals on a more regular basis and I think I will be OK. There is no other offer being made, so I will have to work with the band.

I originally went to see the consultant with the intention of having a band fitted, but when he assessed my eating patterns (I'm a picker and a grazer too), he suggested that the bypass would be a much more effective way forward for me. But it may be different for you, maybe it would be a good idea to speak with the consultant again or the dietician before making a final decision x

amanda577 said:
I originally went to see the consultant with the intention of having a band fitted, but when he assessed my eating patterns (I'm a picker and a grazer too), he suggested that the bypass would be a much more effective way forward for me. But it may be different for you, maybe it would be a good idea to speak with the consultant again or the dietician before making a final decision x

I think bypass is better to suit your eating habits,bands are normally suited for people who eat larger portions.
Make sure you have the op to suit YOUR way of eating habits.

Hi - this isnt really something we can help with, we are not professionals but we can of course tell you why we had the band. I was a volume eater and the band worked for me.

From your previous posts - you say you have 4 or 5 stone to lose, in my opinion some of the options may be a bit drastic but then again we all know how 4-5 stones can become 6-7, 7-8 etc!

Also from your other posts I thought you had been told the band was not suitable due to you suffering from ulcerative colitis. Have you found a provider willing to do the op, how do you feel about that when others have advised against?

Sorry for all the questions but its such a big decision to make - you have to be 100% sure x

I had the band because I too was a big volume eater and never had a problem with snacking/grazing. Honest answer the band is not suitable for your eating habits/patterns.

If you can meet with your surgeon again, it may be a good idea to put your case forward.
Unfortunately for me, Guys Hospital appear not to want to budge on this for me (doctor said I was too light for ByPass...I weigh 21 stone for goodness sake !) and it is giving me serious doubts about how effective it will be for me but, I seem not to be able to choose...even though I told the doctor I tend to eat cake and biscuits instead of big meals.

I will go ahead with my Band as I want to try and work with it,

I hope you can resolve your concerns soon.

Hi - this isnt really something we can help with, we are not professionals but we can of course tell you why we had the band. I was a volume eater and the band worked for me.

From your previous posts - you say you have 4 or 5 stone to lose, in my opinion some of the options may be a bit drastic but then again we all know how 4-5 stones can become 6-7, 7-8 etc!

Also from your other posts I thought you had been told the band was not suitable due to you suffering from ulcerative colitis. Have you found a provider willing to do the op, how do you feel about that when others have advised against?

Sorry for all the questions but its such a big decision to make - you have to be 100% sure x
#

THG said they would band me with the U/colitis, the colitis started when i took the diet pill xenicol i bleed and have mucus from the bowl, some people have chronic diarrhoea with U/C i dont have that, THG brought my case forward to Dr Halstead and he said he would be happy to do it. What i'm gonna do is try and stop snacking and have 3 small meals a day and see if i have the almighty will power to do it, to see if i can shift a few lbs I also notice that when people have to diet before the op to shrink the liver a lot of them lose a good few lbs , it is such a big decision to make
xx

OMG thats terrible, I hope it doesnt cause you too many issues :eek:

It is indeed a major decision. Its a very good idea to try and cut out the snacking, even if you replace your usual snacks with fruit or raw veg. Or go for a walk if you feel the urge - disctraction is a good thing :D

A tip for the kids leftovers, put some washing up liquid straight on their plate - that will stop you! :jelous:

By the way I didnt lose an oz on the pre op diet! My body held onto my weight until the very last moment lol xx

Back