• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grrr bloody NHS slightly o/t

phatmomma

Slightly off topic but most of my friends are bbw's (fat guys n girls - i don't discriminate i just prefer there company less judgemental). Two of them in the last twelve months have had to go to hospitals for tests and or cervical smears and both of them were told they were too fat for the table and would need to lie on the floor like a dog!

This is so not acceptable! What dignity is their lying on the floor while a stranger scrabbles round messing with your bits n pieces? Never mind the clinical sterility issues? I really hope she kicks ass big time and someone is made to account for the fact that not everyone is ten stone dripping wet. I am so mad for her grrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

OMFG are you serious!!!:eek::eek:That is appalling:mad::mad:

I would of told them to foff!That is terrible.Hope she complains.

I'd report that so fast it'd make their heads spin!

That is awful. Am absolutely horrified, humiliation and health risk. I would definitely report them.

what hosp wa sit hun as my m8 lives in wolves and was in hosp recentley for a broken leg she had to wait about 4days for op it was awful and she was treated like poo i wouldnt be surprised if it was the same hosp where she was this is totally unexceptable and i would be makin soe seriouse complaint and i wouldnt of had the smear done i would of got it done elsewhere.x

Oh my life, makes me ashamed to have been a nurse, I used to work in Gynae - we never ever made a fuss of anyones weight and certainly would never expect a patient to lay on the floor for an examination. I suggest that your friend reports the Hospital to the local Primary Care Trust, they control the hospital and will treat all complaints seriously. You can complain to the hospital itself but I think this should go to the top, PCT and MP. It is appalling :-(

Thats disgusting and so wrong.

At our hospital I was whisked off to the mens ward on several occasions to have bladder treatments done because the beds weren't strong enough to hold my weight.

I was also refused a MRI scan once and had to travel to another hospital for it, to say nothing of what happened when I had an operation on my bladder.

Because of my size they decided to do an Epidural, no problems there, that was until it was time to move me off the theatre bed to the bed in recovery. I'll never forget the porter doing his nut and having a go at me to try an help them. Thank god the anaethetist walked through and heard him because I was starting to get very upset by it all. How could I help him? I was numb from the waist down, silly man.

My friend who is about 28st has been refused surgery full stop and several other treatments, simply because they are worried that the beds won't hold her weight, which is really surprising when you think about where we live. Burton on Trent is considered the fattest place in the UK (something to do with the pies, beer and portion sizes...lol), so you'd think they would have a few decent sized beds.

Having said that both my friend and I have broken more than a few beds outside of hospitals. We often go on holiday together and share a room, but have always had to check that the beds are strong enough for our combined weight. Broke a gorgeous four poster once when we both flopped on it after going swimming. Now that is embarrassing...lol

That is really disgusting treatment.

I have 6 monthly smears at the moment (lucky me - not :rolleyes:) and I have them at my GPs surgery. I am very big but I have never had any problems with the examination beds at the surgery (or the surgery where I used to be). A very good thing I suppose because, with my terrible back and knees, once I was on the floor they would never have got me up again!!!!

Hope your friend is fine now - and makes a complaint about this degrading treatment.

love

TillyBob

Back