• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grrr bloody NHS slightly o/t

omg. That is the worst. It is blood curdling. I hope your friend gets on to the PCT. She is still a human being with all the emotions of a ten stone nothing human being.Pass her all our regards and support.
xxx

I spoke to my friend last night and the worst part is yet to come! Apparently they knew my friend was very large as that was why it had not been done in the gp surgery. The GP had a meeting with the hospital department at Telford who were going to do it. My friend told them very firmly where to stick their 'option' on how to get the job done. As she said to me, once down she'd have never got up, never mind the sterility of it all. When she broke her ankle/leg last year the same hospital had beds in theatre that held her weight so as she said why the hell couldn't she go lie on one of them beds and have it done?

She did promptly walk round to PALS and get the correct documentation for a complaint after warning the person concerned they have three weeks to sort out a bed that will hold her weight else she will be complaining and also going to the papers. And she will too.

Another friend of mine went to a London hotel for a personal proceedure and was told to lie on a changing mat on the floor for the same reason. She was so gob smacked she did it and spent the entire time in tears and the trip home.

It's time we stood up for ourselves and got out of the dark ages, not everyone is average sized, we need to cater for all sorts xx

HI,

The problem with hospitals & any other public place is that they don't feel that too be discrimatory or to embarress someone who is over weight is wrong!!

We are fair game because they feel it's our fault!! The whole system in this country needs to be changed, racism, ageism, gayism( I know it's not a word) is all illegal but fatism is treated like a joke.

IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!

Take Care And kick butt and stick for yourselves

Paula XX

HI,

The problem with hospitals & any other public place is that they don't feel that too be discrimatory or to embarress someone who is over weight is wrong!!

We are fair game because they feel it's our fault!! The whole system in this country needs to be changed, racism, ageism, gayism( I know it's not a word) is all illegal but fatism is treated like a joke.

IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!

Take Care And kick butt and stick for yourselves

Paula XX
Very good comment the only thing that can be done is to take them to court and make them pay but the only thing there is that they`ll have the best solicitors . Take care .
Margaret xx

im so glad she told them to stick it, i wud say deffo go to the papers and name and shame the doctor, he deserve a slap

I spoke to my friend last night and the worst part is yet to come! Apparently they knew my friend was very large as that was why it had not been done in the gp surgery. The GP had a meeting with the hospital department at Telford who were going to do it. My friend told them very firmly where to stick their 'option' on how to get the job done. As she said to me, once down she'd have never got up, never mind the sterility of it all. When she broke her ankle/leg last year the same hospital had beds in theatre that held her weight so as she said why the hell couldn't she go lie on one of them beds and have it done?

She did promptly walk round to PALS and get the correct documentation for a complaint after warning the person concerned they have three weeks to sort out a bed that will hold her weight else she will be complaining and also going to the papers. And she will too.

Another friend of mine went to a London hotel for a personal proceedure and was told to lie on a changing mat on the floor for the same reason. She was so gob smacked she did it and spent the entire time in tears and the trip home.

It's time we stood up for ourselves and got out of the dark ages, not everyone is average sized, we need to cater for all sorts xx

Telford Julie, say no more!!! That hospital is the pits and has to be the worst hospital in the UK. They do have beds for larger people too because my neice was bypassed there.

My son was in an accident last year and broke both of his ankles. They fixed them in surgery in Telford, but when he came round, he went for over 24 hours without any pain relief whatsoever because they couldn't find a doctor to write up the post op Morphine script. I have never in my life heard anything as sickening as a grown man screaming with acute pain the way my poor son was.

Another son was transferred there from Southampton following a brain injury, but nobody read his notes and not only did he go for several days without the life saving medication he needed but they mistakenly assumed he had Meningitis and kept him in isolation which meant we didn't know he wasn't being medicated. Mum and I had to meet with the Chief Exec before anyone would take the time to read his notes and realise he was being treated wrongly.

The sooner that place is pulled down the better.

Sooooo Bad!!!!

at my biggest - 24 stone 4lbs, I had a smear test and it was on the table at my GPs. They should complain loudly to their PCT and the PALS office at the hospital they attended - Ive never heard of such appalling and discriminatory treatment

Truly shocking...... the country just keeps getting worse

Back