• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my pre-op today

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
One step closer to having the surgery. My goodness they are thorough though aren't they? It was quite reassuring though. The nurse was a bit worried about how I'm going to cope at home alone after discharge. But I'm sure I'll be ok with neighbours popping round. I'm not overly houseproud so a few weeks without hoovering won't bother me too much.
They redid the mrsa swab and the ecg today because the ones I had previously have expired. I hate having the ecg done because I don't really like laying there topless lol. Hard to make small talk when everything is on view, especially the way my boobs sag under my armpits.
Apparantly I have to visit the hospital the day before admission to have a fragmin injection and give a blood sample. I don't have the op date yet but I do know it will be a thursday because that's the only day Mr Giles operates.
Then I saw the dietician who went through the pre and post op diet with me. I'm going to do the slimfast one as the food diet seemed really complicated.
The only downside to the day was being stuck in the waiting room with a moaning pensioner who went on and on for half an hour. :copon:

edit: i'm a little worried that they measured my height again today and I'm sure they messed up and recorded me as being shorter before. Hopefully they won't twig and take away my funding if my bmi is a bit lower.

Glad you got that out of the way and can focus on getting the surgery done and onwards to slimsville ;) x

Hi

Glad the pre op went ok and hope you get your date soon xx

One step closer all the best sweets x

Good luck Angel and at your side, best foot forward and good luck in every respect.

Love and hugs xxx

Back