• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had my pre op

nichola24

Just got by from derby, traffic was a nightmare as usual!

Got there for about 5 to 10 and went in pretty much straight away. Nurse was really nice, asked me loads of questions about my health. Then she weighed me and was happy to say id lost 11kg which i was chuffed about :)

then came the tests :-( it took her 6-8 ( i lost count there were tht many) attempts to take my blood pressure and in the end she resorted to taking it on my leg!! ended up with bruises on my arm and found out i have short arms apparently lol.

next up were the bloods. I must have been the worst patient becasue it took them ages to find a vein! and when she did she couldnt get any blood out of me :-( so they scraped it around for a bit super ouch! any how another nurse did it and got blood nd i didnt feel a thing!

next up were the swabs, up both nostrils and then in your groin, which were ok, thankfully i didnt have to take my trousers down lol.

finally the last test was the ecg. i had to strip the top half of my clothes off even my bra!!! was not expecting that, so was lay on a bed with my boobs out for everyone to see :-( nurse put loads of lil sticky pads on me nd then hooked me up, said i had a regular irregular heart beat, which is normal lol.

all in all i was in there an hour and that was it! was given some info on the anasthetic and blood clots nd stuff to read at home.

i thought they would have wanted to do loads more tests, was expecting a urine one, treadmill test ect but nope.

As long as i dont hear anything back from them before the end of the week im good to go for my op :) :) :)

i hate ecg's, glad it went so well.

good luck on your big day, your a day before me and i havent even had a letter confirming never mind an invite to the pre-assessment lol but did get the diet booklet so taking that as a good sign.

x

Sounds like you passed with flying colours to me. The only thing from your post which might hold up your OP! is if the swabs, show any signs of Infections such as MRSA. But I would have thought that you are good to go or they would have told there and then

Good luck with it all!!!

Stavros

Well done nic, easy isn't it lol. where abouts go you live, I'm in chesterfield so guessing not far! When is your op?

Just got by from derby, traffic was a nightmare as usual!

Got there for about 5 to 10 and went in pretty much straight away. Nurse was really nice, asked me loads of questions about my health. Then she weighed me and was happy to say id lost 11kg which i was chuffed about :)

then came the tests :-( it took her 6-8 ( i lost count there were tht many) attempts to take my blood pressure and in the end she resorted to taking it on my leg!! ended up with bruises on my arm and found out i have short arms apparently lol.

next up were the bloods. I must have been the worst patient becasue it took them ages to find a vein! and when she did she couldnt get any blood out of me :-( so they scraped it around for a bit super ouch! any how another nurse did it and got blood nd i didnt feel a thing!

next up were the swabs, up both nostrils and then in your groin, which were ok, thankfully i didnt have to take my trousers down lol.

finally the last test was the ecg. i had to strip the top half of my clothes off even my bra!!! was not expecting that, so was lay on a bed with my boobs out for everyone to see :-( nurse put loads of lil sticky pads on me nd then hooked me up, said i had a regular irregular heart beat, which is normal lol.

all in all i was in there an hour and that was it! was given some info on the anasthetic and blood clots nd stuff to read at home.

i thought they would have wanted to do loads more tests, was expecting a urine one, treadmill test ect but nope.

As long as i dont hear anything back from them before the end of the week im good to go for my op :) :) :)

Well done hun...great weight loss.
I wish you well for the future ;)

Take Care

Andy xx

I have always been given a gown during ECG's lol

Hope all comes back clear :) good luck with your op :) And well done on your amazing weight loss xxx

thats great Nichola, all systems go now :) xxx

Congrats on the weight loss so far. Good luck not long to go x

Well done on your weight loss so far nichola. My pre-op is the day before surgery. They'd better put a rush job on that MRSA swab!

awww thank you everyone :)

i love how supportive this site is xx

amy m......the reson ive allready had my pre op is because my original surgery date was 25th nov but i had to move it bk to the 8th dec so im sure it wont be long till you find out when you have to got to get prodded hehe x

jo28172 im from north notts, nt too far from chesterfield and im goin in on 8th dec, so excited, as yet no nerves......

futureperfect i asked about the bloods and she said she would get the results the next day so i imagine it will be as quick as that for the swabs :)

Back