• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss - Getting Better

Bellydancer57

My hair loss has almost stopped & looks as if it's back to normal (just a tiny bit in plug hole on hair washing & a little in brush).
Just over 6 months post op. I tried very hard to maintain my daily protein intake, took extra iron & zinc supplements, I had my hair cut fairly shortish for me, just below my collar bone, used Revita shampoo as recommend by my hairdresser, a tangle tease brush & tangle free spray post washing before brushing. I had no bald patches but did loose a lot of hair. It seems absolutely great now so good luck to everyone who is experiencing hair loss.

Oh thanks for that BD, thank goodness there is light at the end of the tunnel. I used to have really thick (mixed race) bushy hair, now I dread washing it, as it's really upsetting to see it coming out in big clumps. :-(

thats great news so pleased it has stopped I am 5 months post op and I am still losing quite a bit using lots of potions to keep it in good shape it has started to look a bit better I also had it cut quite shortto get rid of all the dead hair seems to have worked for the better.

I was warned about this at my pre-op on Friday, and must say it really worried me.

To hear you say that you didnt have bald patches is a relief.
I had terrible visions of having to wear side pony tails to cover bald patches.

Good luck everyone. Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm relieved to hear this too, my hair is already thin so the thought of it actually dropping out too is making me widdle myself. At least I can wear hats over winter!!

Mine has slowed down loads now and is starting to re-grow. Mine was all over and not patchy and my already fine hair was so thin but now I have a pineapple on top of my bob hairstyle which sticks up so I can see it growing back nicely now. Just a shame I'll have to go through the scruffy not all length stage but hey, it's all part of the being a new healthy me so I can put up with it.

Kate x

I must admit a few months ago I dreaded having a shower or washing my hair, it was pouring out. My pillow would have a layer of hair on it in the mornings and as I have really fine hair I was worried.......no one noticed it at all, even my hairdresser thought that the shorter style suited me better and that the new growth that was always coming through was healthier.

I'm now 1 year out, hair loss has stopped and in fact my hair appears to be more resillient to the frizz!!...mind you minus nearly 100lbs means I don't get as sweaty as before .....so that helps!!!

All in all, loosing a bit of hair for a few months is nothing compared to the benefits of loosing so much weight :):)

Always good to hear about hair getting back to normal. Mine has been steadily coming out over the last month. I didn't realise how much until I went to the hair dressers and before I told her about it she said that she noticed my hair was quite a bit thinner at the front compared to the back. My hair has always been so thick that I've had it thinned before but instead I had a treatment to stimulate growth and lots of volumising products! It was quite a change but at least no bald patches and no one else seems to notice yet. I will just be happy when this bit is over and it grows back too. Glad yours is getting better now BD :)

My hair loss has almost stopped & looks as if it's back to normal (just a tiny bit in plug hole on hair washing & a little in brush).
Just over 6 months post op. I tried very hard to maintain my daily protein intake, took extra iron & zinc supplements, I had my hair cut fairly shortish for me, just below my collar bone, used Revita shampoo as recommend by my hairdresser, a tangle tease brush & tangle free spray post washing before brushing. I had no bald patches but did loose a lot of hair. It seems absolutely great now so good luck to everyone who is experiencing hair loss.

I have to say my experience has been almost the same...I did not use the Revita shampoo, I took double dose Sea Kelp (as advised by my consultant) a day and invested in a silk pillowcase - all of which I have to say the pillowcase has been my best investment. I too am now seeing less and less in the sink and brush - I have little wisps of what looks like baby hair round my temples and it is generally thinner rather than clumps missing.

Fingers crossed as my ferritin levels come back up so will my hair follicles!!
xx

I too am just over 6 months out & my loss is definitely slowing down . Sure I still lose some ( less ) when washing / brushing my hair , but I don't lose clumps if I run my hands through my hair .
Apart from my vits & protein I didn't do anything special

Thx for the messages. Agree it is a small price to pay for such amazing weight loss & new life. Did a power walk with my pal & his dog around the Bermuda coast line yesterday. The sea is so blue it hurts your eyes. Wow would love to excercise with that view everyday but not sure I could cope with temperatures in hight of summer.

Back