• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss

becky2123

Ok im 3 months post band and I've lost 51lb so far which I feel great about but the past few weeks I've started losing my hair!

I knew this was a possible side effect but I've been reading horror stories online about people looking half bald!!!

I'm taking my vitamins and eating lots if protein.

Anyone else experienced this??

I feel like as soon as I start to feel good about myself I get knocked down again!!

Xx

My hair loss is very bad too. And i can trully see overall thining and a drastic change in my hairline. Scary. Its handfulls of hair everytime i touch it.. Piles when i wash it or brush it... Really crazy.. Not sure if there is anything we can do to help. Other than following the rules and instructions given by our team...

I know i need to up my protein but i eat as much of protein as i can every day. I dont skip my vitamins and i take an extra fish oil and zinc supplement.. I use coconut oil, egg whites and castor oil mask on the hair once a week (i try not to wash the hair too often).. Might add some biotin to my daily vitamon collection too...

I trimmed my hair a lot too... But it did not help at all.

I'm 4 months post sleeve and thankfully no hair issues but I did start with a bush so I wouldn't notice anyway!!

Hi there I am now 6 months post op and at about 3 months after surgery my hair started coming out in handful (I have to say for me it was the worst part of my whole wls surgery experience) however over the past month my hair is getting thicker again. All I would say is don't panic, carry on taking the vitamins and your hair will come back. xx

I was banded in August. My hair loss is worrying just now. It comes out in clumps. In shop changing rooms under the bright lights I can see through my hair to my scalp at the front. Only thing is I have a load of fuzz growing round my hairline so I'm hoping that is it growing back n x

Mines just starting to come out, asked at the hospital today and they said 9 month's down the line everything should be fine.
I said "I was taking B12 vitiamins", but said it would make no difference. Because on a Bypass and a Sleeve they cut this bit out of your stomack, so only the B12 Injections help.

I've had a huge amount of hairloss too and I didn't exactly have thick hair to start with. I've been taking zinc which my surgeon said may help. The plug hole in the shower seems full every day although my hairdresser said the other week that he could see new tufts coming through all over and I've loads of baby hair in my fringe.

i've not lost a thing lol and wasn't sure it even applied to bander's but if its happening then it obviously does !!! hang in there girls i believe its not a permanent thing x x xx

My bath water was taking longer and longer to run away. Yesterday it just stayed. I had to empty it down the sink with jugs then use towels to dry it off. Cleared out a huge amount of hair from under the plug. I clear out handfuls around the plug every few days. Had to get mr muscle drain unblocked stuff - this has never happened before ;-(

Real bad hair loss still - but loads of fuzz so I think it is growing back. My hair is really lank too. I was trying to grow it but think I will have it cut short

I have a drain weasel, my hair has been blocking plugs since I was 5!! I've blocked plugs all over the world!!

My consultant told me to get zinc tablets and they have worked for me. My hair literally started coming out in clumps at three months, I am 9 months out now and since I have taken the zinc (roughly 2-3 mths) it has stopped loads and is starting to grow back.

Hope all is well and you find your solution x

Glad it's not just me!!

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth tho after all the hard work now I've got this to deal with too!!

I bought some biotin rom Holland and barrat so I'm hoping that helps

:-(

I've suffered really badly with hair loss. I've spent many a day in tears! I'm getting it cut tomorrow in the hope it will replenish itself.

I also have PCOS, so that coupled with weightloss has MASSIVELY thinned my hair. It's now thin and brittle! :'(

I'm 6 months post op on 4th January. My hair loss started in October.

I've been eating 80g of protein a day (tough) and taking my vitamins, my metformin (helps with my PCOS hormonal imbalance), biotin shampoos and conditions but nothing's helping.

Biotin tablets have been ordered. Hopefully they will help. If it doesn't look better after tomorrow's cut. And two months of biotin tablets. I'll give it till feb and get extensions.

I'll post three photos. One in July, showing my main of hair. One in October showing how thin it is (can't wear in a pony tail as it's a rats tail and can't tighten enough to hold in place). The last one is December showing the thin brittleness. And JUST showing some tufts of regrowth xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-1551269299.jpg
    image-1551269299.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image-41847083.jpg
    image-41847083.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image-555379782.jpg
    image-555379782.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 39
Hi. I started losing loads of hair and was gutted. It was so bad, especially around the hairline, that even though I'd had it cut shorter in prep for the op, I went and had it cut VERY short and started using an iron and vitamin c combination (boots own brand). Anyway, the iron and vitc have worked for me. I've also discovered that I can no longer use the shampoos that I did before, from cheap to ridiculously expensive. The thing that works for me now is Dove Pro-age shampoo and conditioner. My hair is growing again but now I'm torn between growing it long again or keeping it mega short lol.
Apparently the vitamin c helps the body absorb the iron which is why we need the combination.

I must be lucky..good job too as i also have trichotillomania...look that up! Basically i pull my hair out, its an impulse disorder they say. All i know is that i always use to twiddle my hair but at 18 I started pulling it out in certain places. I pull out about 50 hairs a day. Thankfully its not noticeable but other people with thin hair have ended up bald or having to shave their heads.
I dont go to the hairdressers often anyway but when i do i tell them not to worry about the patchy bit!!
Does anyone else do this? Ive never met anyone else who does?

Hi

I went through a stage of doing that!

If I got stressed or very upset if twiddle it and just pull!

I've not done it for a while tho thankfully x

Karina. I don't pull mine out but I compulsively twiddle....constantly...to the point everyone comments on it. On New Year's Eve my friend slapped my hand away from my head.

My boss told me I would progress further if I stopped fiddling with my hair. Not that I'm interested. My aunt told me I looked like the village idiot.

When it is long enough I eat it!!
Or stick it up my Nose or in my ears. This is why it is shortish

As I an writing this post one handed the other hand has a clump of my hair drawing it over my eye brow and down to my eye socket

Joking aside....it is really tragic

Oh those are trich symptoms! Eating it and twiddling in the ears! It's an impulse control disorder so you can't actually stop it.
Let's start a club!! X

Back