• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss

luckyla

I had my gastric sleeve done on 21/05/2011.
Approx 2 months ago (maybe slightly less) I started losing hair. I seem to be losing lots of it especially when I wash my hair and seem to be constantly clearing the plug :confused:
Has this happened to other people who've had a sleeve? If so, when did it stop?
I try to eat as much protein as possible and take a multivitamin with iron every day. The bariatric nurse did warn me that this may happen, but if I keep losing it at the rate I am, I'm worried I may get some bald patches :cry::cry:
I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you :)

There is very few of us that hasn't suffered hair loss, iam still losing it now 7 months later but it did seem to slow down a bit until the last few weeks and it's back to alot again. Luckily I had quite thick hair the only thing that I have been recommended is zinc. Never tried it myself as I understand your body will take all what it needs and your hair isn't one of them :( so can't really see the point xx
Sorry to be doom and gloom

There is very few of us that hasn't suffered hair loss, iam still losing it now 7 months later but it did seem to slow down a bit until the last few weeks and it's back to alot again. Luckily I had quite thick hair the only thing that I have been recommended is zinc. Never tried it myself as I understand your body will take all what it needs and your hair isn't one of them :( so can't really see the point xx
Sorry to be doom and gloom

Hair loss is due to not enough Zinc. Although i havent had my surgery yet, I am taking my mjulit vits and also a zinc capsule each morning. IF you are worried about it, ask your GP to do a blood test and check your zinc levels, he may then prescribe a zinc replacement for you. Good luck.

i had hairloss from the pre op diet (started that in may for june bypass op)- consultant also said to take zinc so have started it this week - will feedback if it works.

After my gastric band op my Surgeon advised Zinc and I have taken a Vit C and Zinc since then. Had no hair loss at all :)

I had my gastric sleeve done on 21/05/2011.
Approx 2 months ago (maybe slightly less) I started losing hair. I seem to be losing lots of it especially when I wash my hair and seem to be constantly clearing the plug :confused:
Has this happened to other people who've had a sleeve? If so, when did it stop?
I try to eat as much protein as possible and take a multivitamin with iron every day. The bariatric nurse did warn me that this may happen, but if I keep losing it at the rate I am, I'm worried I may get some bald patches :cry::cry:
I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you :)
Hi

I had a Bypass in April this year and the hair loss didn't start until I was just over three months post op. I take all vits and minerals, including zinc and it was also suggested that I take 4 Brazil nuts a day. I wished I could report that my hair had stopped falling out but I cant. Today, the largest lump ever came away and I felt so sad.
I am just waiting for the day it stops and all grows back better and stronger. I know how you feel and it is so scary as it approaches the plug hole and down it goes.....
Keep your Pecker up.

Hi

I had a Bypass in April this year and the hair loss didn't start until I was just over three months post op. I take all vits and minerals, including zinc and it was also suggested that I take 4 Brazil nuts a day. I wished I could report that my hair had stopped falling out but I cant. Today, the largest lump ever came away and I felt so sad.
I am just waiting for the day it stops and all grows back better and stronger. I know how you feel and it is so scary as it approaches the plug hole and down it goes.....
Keep your Pecker up.

It's horrible isn't it?
I hope it eases up soon for both of us :) xx

Back