• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Haiti earthquake v Dominican Republic

Gail-michelle

likes to post
1stly I would like to send my respects to all those who have lost there lifes in this dreadful tragedy. I am due to fly to the Dominican Republic with all my family next wed, so you can imagine how we were yesterday morning after seeing the news:eek: So far we have had rain, sleet, snow, Ice, airport closed (manchester any update nearer the time most appreciated), and now an earthquake:eek: apparantly the earth tremors are going to last for months after in that area and also been predicted with a tsusnami (cant spell soz) Ime begining to get bad vibes about the whole thing to be honest, but Ime putting on a brave face for the rest of the family. Gail x

Aw - I can imagin how you are feeling GM-at least you are not going this week so weather has time to improve

I echo your thoughts for those who have lost lives and homes and are struggling in the aftermath

I know someone who works (teaching) in Dom Rep - I will let you know if I hear how things are there

-and we complain about a bit of snow

Just seen on news the extent of the disaster in Haiti-
estimated 100,000 dead
thousands injured
homes & roads destroyed

Puts our "worries" in perspective

It's awful how much devastation a minutes worth of earthquake can cause. Really does put everything into perspective. :(

Back