• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a band and doing exercise question

Decking Jim

Hi all
Im having my band fitted on 10 March and hope that you can help me out with this question
In relation to sport particularly cycling how do you go on regarding eating and drinking

Yesterday morning I did a 51 mile bike ride stopping at the cafe in Burnsall for some nosh and a hot drink A HOT DRINK

Hi dont know what happened there it just disappeared

Anyway on the way home I was thinking how will I go on once have band fitted and get back to cycling after rehabilitation period

Water consumption en route should not be a major problem as tend to take lots of sips rather than glug down whilst cycling

Am I right in thinking that you should not drink fluid for half hour before and one hour after food consumption ?
That would make life rather difficult especially the after as if you get back on the bike 10 mins after eating snack and if its a hot day and a hilly ride you cant go an hour without fluid

Any comments gratefully received

Cheers

James

hi i like cycling bt give yourself a good 2or3 weeks befor getting back on your bike i found it was the hardest thing of everything to do after but once i was completly healed i was back on mine. you will be fine with water i can still drink a whole glass in one go, for food i go was told drink either ten mins befor food or half hour after iv never waited more than that

Hi dont know what happened there it just disappeared

Anyway on the way home I was thinking how will I go on once have band fitted and get back to cycling after rehabilitation period

Water consumption en route should not be a major problem as tend to take lots of sips rather than glug down whilst cycling

Am I right in thinking that you should not drink fluid for half hour before and one hour after food consumption ?
That would make life rather difficult especially the after as if you get back on the bike 10 mins after eating snack and if its a hot day and a hilly ride you cant go an hour without fluid

Any comments gratefully received

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Welcome to MiniMins,

Your last thread was removed as you had a link to another site with weight loss forums in it and this is against our rules.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Here is a link to help you make your way around and if you need any help please ask.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss surgery and if you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

wow 51 miles in a day thats like miles lol I couldnt do five miles lol. Good luck

Hi Mini

Thanks for the explanation
I didnt realise I had a link in it
Can I ask a question

Once I start my pre op diet on Monday im going to comlete a daily blog of my activities

Are you allowed to put that under your messages ?

Cheers

James

hi james, i think the best way to start ur daily blogg would be to start a new thread...u could call it decking jims diary or such...this way u can just keep adding to it and people know its u...i think thats a fab idea im just not dedicated enough to keep up with it...but its great for people to read...i read loads b4 i had my op, it really helped x

Back