• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello ...anyone been banded in Northern Ireland?

Hello all :)

My names nicola, im 32 and am planning on getting a band in january...one last over indulgent crimbo coming up!

Ive two consultations booked...one with pheonix health through a private hosp in belfast..and another through THG flying to birmingham then aftercare here.

Would love anyones experience of either?

My heart is telling me to go with phoenix and stay here as the ulster clinis a reputable hospital and although the dearer option by almost 2 grand they seem to offer better aftercare which is v important to me.

anyways would love to get chatting to some people on this site soon :)

Thanks for reading x

hello and welcome your at a great site .

Hello and welcome Nicola! I was banded by THG in august, though I had my op in Leeds as my BMI was too high for Dolan Park. So far my experience is entirely positive - I've been having fills 4 weeks apart and each time I do I sit with the dietician first and go through what I've been eating, then on to my appointment with the nurse. I've only emailed one question to the team but I got the answer back within a few hours and then a follow-up phone call.
It helps that they have a clinic in Liverpool - I always feel as though they're very handy if I have any issues.

Where is the nearest THG clinic to you? If there isn't one in NI and you would have to fly to England for every fill your £2k saving will soon be swallowed up in travel costs.

Good luck!

They have a clinic in NI but I would have to fly to their hospital in Birmingham which as you say will cost a bit. Id feel more comfy doing it at home its a great private hospital but im seeing on here that alot of ppl have been banded by the same surgeons which is reassuring.

Do you get ur fills in liverpool or where you got your surgery?x

I get the fills in Liverpool - the fact that I wouldn't need to travel any distance if I ran into issues was a real draw to me. I chose THG for a lot of reasons, but had their clinic been a distance from me I may have made a different choice. Aftercare is so critical with a band.

Thanks i agree and the clinic has complication treatment included which im now obessesing with lol so much going through my head atm! Should really stay away from google lol x

Back