• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello from Leigh!

caz1975

Hello everyone, is there anyone from my local area? Leigh/wigan area
Would be nice to meet up for a cuppa and a chat. I've received the funding and am under Dr ammori at Salford royal.

Hello Leigh, I'm not local to you but wanted to say hi.... I had a gastric band fitted on Saturday so in the recovery process. Do you have a date for your or are you in the research phase?? This group is very friendly and so supportive ... Nice to meet you xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Leigh and welcome to this Ace site.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey. :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hiya, my name is caz, sorry I worded my intro a little odd, I live in Leigh lol, I've not got a date yet think I may get it at my next appointment next month, had my psychological assessment done today and that went really well, just finding my feet on here now and think it's a fantastic site, at least people here know and understand what we are feeling and going through xx

Hiya, my name is caz, sorry I worded my intro a little odd, I live in Leigh lol, I've not got a date yet think I may get it at my next appointment next month, had my psychological assessment done today and that went really well, just finding my feet on here now and think it's a fantastic site, at least people here know and understand what we are feeling and going through xx

:8855::D Good job you didn't say 'Hello from Crinkley Bottom' or wherever!

Hi Caz, welcome to the forum. :) Great news about the psychological assessment......full steam ahead now. So exciting, good luck :) x

Welcome! I am far, far away from you but I hope you find some lovely people nearby for a cuppa! :)

Hello and welcome. I'm far away too.... but I'm drinking a coffee right now and chatting to you virtually xx

Hi Caz. I'm not far from from you, I live in Salford. I'm 12 years out from my gastric bypass, I had to go private and travelled to Leeds for my Op, your lucky to have the hospital so close. It's had its ups and downs but best decision I ever made. Welcome to the group and good luck ?

Thank u guys so much, hope I don't have that long to wait now. Been browsing through the forums on here and don't understand the tier thing that everyone seems to be talking about?

I was referred to wms a year and a half ago now and have been to group therapy, seen the occupational therapist and psychologist as well as seeing the nutritionalist regularly. I just wondered what next and how long left to wait...fingers crossed not too long. Once again thank u for the replies it's lovely to be able to speak to people that understand what I'm going through xx

Hello and welcome to our not so little club!

Hi Caz,

I'm not local but my husband is from Wigan. His family now live in and around Ashton. We visit frequently so know it quite well. Good news re your referral and progress. I'm pretty sure someone here will make a good buddy for you.

Take care

Claire x

Hey guys, haven't posted on this thread for a while, I had a 4 hour appointment on the 16th July which I thought was my pre op. It wasn't! I got to see a surgeon who agreed with me on me having the bypass done which I'm so relieved!!
I also saw the barbaric nurse who talked me and another guy through the different stages of food after the op. And had my bloods done too.
Then on 10th August I had a sleep study done where they said I had mild sleep apnoea but I don't need a cpap thank god!
And finally I had my pre op done 4th sept so I'm thinking it can't be that long now for a date!! I've only been waiting like 2 whole years!!

Anyway I'm rambling now lol I just want that phone call to come cps I just feel like I'm a ticking time bomb and could go off at anytime, I have zero patience lol

Sorry for the long post lol

Back