• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Welsh Kaz

I am Karen from North Wales but have recently moved to the Sheffield area. I had duodenal switch surgery in February 2004 in Liverpool (Mr David Kerrigan). I was 24.5 stones and diabetic. I can't believe that was seven and a half years ago!!! My life has changed dramatically in that time and I have absolutely no regrets.

Hi Karen, I am also from Sheffield & we are a minority on here(about 4 of us I think) so nice to speak to someone who is a bit more local even though EVERYONE is brilliant...:)

Hi Denise,

Is there a support group in the area? I am in Chesterfield and have been here since March so still quite new to the area.

Its a few years since my surgery and I haven't posted in support forums for years (hence I have put this in the wrong place - starting out on my wls journey)
I have a few health problems but nothing major but I need to re-educate myself! Surgery is a tool and to be honest as time goes on, life takes over and you forget that you have to work at it. The weight is fine, its the malabsorption which is problematic.

x

Hi and welcome
Its nice to see long termers on here to pass on their wisdom

Well done like you I would say mine was the best thing I ever did. its a lovely life been fitter

Jo
xx

Welcome.jpg

Hello and welcome! It's great to have new members who are so far out. How has your journey been?

Hi there! welcome to the forum.x

Back