• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help anyone please

secret

Hello
I have struggled with my weight all my life .yo yo dieted. ..I have decided tl have a sleeve privately.
I am 52 and 5ft 2.5.i weigh 13 6 atm bmi 34.4.
Just below minimum of 35.
My cholesterol is rising but no meds.
My b/p is up and down high one minute normal tbe next.
I have osteoarthritis in both knees thay will require surgery.
I want to control my weight now so I hopefilly will not have surgery on my knees.
Im having difficilty finding a clinic to accept me because of my bmi .
Im looki g at Prague/ belgium etc...
Uk is too expensove
Thank you

Good luck with your search x

@secret have you been to see your GP? although your BMI is 34.4 you are still classed as obese (horrible word). Which shouldn't prevent you from being a candidate for surgey, allbeit maybe private. It's got to be worth having a discussion with your GP who know doubt has a detailed history of your health issues in support of you getting surgery.

While I was in hospital there was a lady that needed a hip replacement having a sleeve. I need a hernia repaired which was listed as a comorbidity for me, when I was originally referred my BMI was in the high 20's.

We can't really help you as such, we are a support forum but as you've seen we have a few members who have gone abroad for surgery. From what I've seen the members that are still active have told you who they went to etc. So its just a case of researching for yourself.

Maybe give some of them a call and explain your health issues, it might sway their decision?

Good luck and keep posting to let is know how its going xx

Sorry, I can't help as I had my op through the NHS. But wanted to say welcome and good luck.

@secret have you been to see your GP? although your BMI is 34.4 you are still classed as obese (horrible word). Which shouldn't prevent you from being a candidate for surgey, allbeit maybe private. It's got to be worth having a discussion with your GP who know doubt has a detailed history of your health issues in support of you getting surgery.

While I was in hospital there was a lady that needed a hip replacement having a sleeve. I need a hernia repaired which was listed as a comorbidity for me, when I was originally referred my BMI was in the high 20's.

We can't really help you as such, we are a support forum but as you've seen we have a few members who have gone abroad for surgery. From what I've seen the members that are still active have told you who they went to etc. So its just a case of researching for yourself.

Maybe give some of them a call and explain your health issues, it might sway their decision?

Good luck and keep posting to let is know how its going xx

Hi can you have wls if you have a hernia? Im on the wls journey and no one has taken medical history and i do have a hernia. Thank you xx

Hi can you have wls if you have a hernia? Im on the wls journey and no one has taken medical history and i do have a hernia. Thank you xx

Yes, depending on what type i.e where it is and for me it was one of the reasons I got the surgery. I don't think its a prerequisite though x

Back