• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help i seem to be very hungry today...

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Just want to run this by you not sure if i'm eating enough or fighting head hunger and i know as a rule of thumb is try a drink and if its still there then it hunger just had a drink and its still there here is my menu so far today any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated thanks.
Breakfast - a muller light yoghart
Mid morning - a diet fromage frais
Lunch - some mashed prawns with lo cal dressing (approx 6 teaspoons) plus half a sugar free jelly
Dinner - half a ww fish pie plus other half of jelly
2 litres of fluid so far sipping as i type x
sorry should have said 5 weeks post op(bypass) and on mashed foods x

Hi darlin soz cant realy help ya but their is no way i could read and run, could it be totm that is causing ur hunger.
Am sure all the experienced peeps will be along soon to help ya, take care Allie and have a good night xx

Didnt want to read and run, hope you start to feel less hungery soon! Maybe try and have a mouthful of something and then drink some more water to see if that helps. xxxxxxx

hi allie looking at what you ate you are having a lot of slider foods in the morning yogurt and fromage frais which will leave you feeling hungry sooner. Try something like a oatibix (ok half a one i still cant manage a full one)at 5 weeks post op you should be having 3 portions of carb and 6 portions of protien in oatibix you get 2 in 1 with the milk and you can always add some powdered milk to yr skimmed milk to bump up the protien. i also notice you didnt mention any fruit or veg in there innocent for kids do smoothies that are just a nice size and are sugar free and most vegetables are ok mashed at yr stage try cauliflour cheese again another way to get easy protien in. Jellys really have no nutritional values but also as they are sweet even though sugar free using them as a pudding isnt a good idea at this stage as you neeed to get used to changing lifestyle and not having something sweet after a meal.
hope this helps
carole

Thanks Carole
That's a big help, i will go back to having my porridge in the morning but will buy some oatabix too not keen on wheetabix. I should have said i usually mash some banana or raspberries into my porridge but i saw another thread mentioning the smoothies so will give them a bash. You are so right Carole about sweet things i have been craving them lately and the whole point of this is to kill off old bad habits. I will re visit my diet i'm back at work next week so that should help as i have too much time on my hands just now x

Back