• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help!!! :(

ThaNewBri

I really need some help....after months of reasearch I've decided that the lap band procedure is something I could benefit from...I made an appointment with my pcp and he also agreed that bariatric surgery would be helpful and he also said he's sure I'm a candidate..seeing as tho my BMI is 47 and I have hypertension..and also a history of failed dieting and excercise...the receptionist ( I believe that's what she is called...lol not sure) tells me to call my insurance co and see I'm covered...they told me yes 100 percent since I fall under a certain class of obesity....so I'm excited now...they give me a care coordination number to give to my doctors office so that they can "request authorization"...I gave all of this information to the receptionist and she said she would call....after weeks she finally calls and tells me they didn't give her any information...so I call back get her some more information and a new number to call....today...she tells me well I know for sure you will need to be on a supervised diet for one year before so I will call next week...because its not an urgent matter...huh???I feel like I'm getting the run around here why can't she just call so I can get the process started...she isn't even 100 percent sure about the 1 year diet thing.....why not just call so I can get the process started...I'm really frustrated...I've waited so long for this and I just want to get the process started so I know what to do next...but I feel like she is purposely making me wait? Did you have a similar situation???

I really need some help....after months of reasearch I've decided that the lap band procedure is something I could benefit from...I made an appointment with my pcp and he also agreed that bariatric surgery would be helpful and he also said he's sure I'm a candidate..seeing as tho my BMI is 47 and I have hypertension..and also a history of failed dieting and excercise...the receptionist ( I believe that's what she is called...lol not sure) tells me to call my insurance co and see I'm covered...they told me yes 100 percent since I fall under a certain class of obesity....so I'm excited now...they give me a care coordination number to give to my doctors office so that they can "request authorization"...I gave all of this information to the receptionist and she said she would call....after weeks she finally calls and tells me they didn't give her any information...so I call back get her some more information and a new number to call....today...she tells me well I know for sure you will need to be on a supervised diet for one year before so I will call next week...because its not an urgent matter...huh???I feel like I'm getting the run around here why can't she just call so I can get the process started...she isn't even 100 percent sure about the 1 year diet thing.....why not just call so I can get the process started...I'm really frustrated...I've waited so long for this and I just want to get the process started so I know what to do next...but I feel like she is purposely making me wait? Did you have a similar situation???

Hi, not 100% sure but think the 12mnth diet supervision only applies to the NHS & you are talking private, aren't you? Get back to her a clarify things ... xx :)

I have united healthcare PPO she told me with hmo a one year diet is required..and that she wasn't sure about PPO...lol well why not just call and ask ??? Right ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using WLSurgery

Hi there - I.m thinking that you are from the states as you have medical cover via United PPO/HMO ??? If so - sorry I can't help. I had a band but in the uk so it's a different process but hang around as I'm sure someone more knowledgable will pass by soon.

Good luck

Michelle xx

Hi!

It is quite common to require a year of supervised diet under many USA insurance companies. I moved to England about 3 years ago- but had my surgery in the states and had to do the 12 month thing.

If it were me- I would be sure each visit to the doc you are weighed and it is logged.

Call them until you get a clear answer. Do not give up! :)

Back