• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from a Newbie

Bellydancer57

Finally plucked up the courage to post something. Need help please.
Op on 25 Feb, terrified but kinda excited having waited for so long.
Lost 13 kilos as of a week ago.
On liver shrinkage diet, completed 1 week. I feel so sick, exhausted, headaches, constipated dispite all the fybogel. Spoke to dietician & she says this is normal & will pass. Uuuuurgh! When? My blood pressure is normal, drinking over 2 litres of water a day. I can hardly function.:cry:
Any tips?

Hello and welcome, sorry I'm not much use for advise with this as I'm a while away from my op yet, but good luck honey xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Welcome xxx
Im on day 17 with 3 days to go on the milk diet, i get tired but nothing else sound like you are having a bad time on it ((((hugs)))).
Your having a sleeve to !!! mine is the 21st Feb so a few days before you, here's to a smooth journey for you xxxxxx

Thx & good luck to you too. We should compare notes after the op LOL

Hi Honey :D which diet are you doing? I did the milk diet & experienced low grade headaches for a few days in the middle & loss of energy the last few days but it was sooo worth it :D I think all your side effects are normal if very disturbing & a result of carb withdrawal ... most people will get one or two but you have the whole lot :wave_cry: If you are doing the milk diet as I was, I know it will get better for you soon but if on the low cal one, someone else will have to advise. Not long now, honey :wave_cry: good luck for the 25th :) xxx

V low cal food diet. I was offered a shake diet or milk diet or food diet. Sticking to it so strictly & constantly checking diet sheet. Struggle a bit with consuming required protein but dietician said apart from this I was doing well. Made it today with egg omelette for dinner. Yeah but it don't feel like it. Wow I am dreading th post op!
So weird that have completely lost my appetite. Been sick before & always found room for food LOL

V low cal food diet. I was offered a shake diet or milk diet or food diet. Sticking to it so strictly & constantly checking diet sheet. Struggle a bit with consuming required protein but dietician said apart from this I was doing well. Made it today with egg omelette for dinner. Yeah but it don't feel like it. Wow I am dreading th post op!
So weird that have completely lost my appetite. Been sick before & always found room for food LOL

Don't dread the post op, sweetie .... you will be fine xxx :)

hi bellydancer,
i'm a pre-opp also have gastric sleeve but not until 08th of march so i haven't yet trodden the path you currently on but, as you can see the support you get from others on this site is immense.
i'm sure you will finish your pre-op ok and i wish you good luck for your op and for a successful post op journey darlin. please keep posting and let us know how things are going for you
loadsa love n' stuff
jan xx

Good luck Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Welcome Bellydancer and good luck for 25th. Which hospital? I'll add you to Op dates list.

Back