• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, i m mo, i live in norfolk, i age 52/53 , hoping for bypass

No just waiting for the letter with the appointment to come through the post. I did ask about expected waiting times etc she seemed to think 1-2 months to see initial doctor on tier 4, then atleast 2 months to see MDT then another 1-2 months to see the consultant/surgical team.

Exciting x i have my MDT on my birthday in March x Nice that there are some people on the same part if the journey as me xx good luck girlies x

Hi coffee
So glad you got a date, so who are you seeing on that date then? One of my appointments have got put back till beg of February, that's the surgeon one and anaesthetists, so that was a let down.
I am still on my milk diet, oh god, I have a real funny story about that, will tell it later as I have been called for my tea as my partner making t for him n my son, oh yummy oxo then milk. Euk AGAIN. X

I'm seeing the medical doctor on that date, from there I will wait to be seen by the MDT team, dietician, psychologist etc then so long as I get the green light from them I will be booked To see the surgeon etc and get my op date. I haven't done the milk diet yet, I have a funny feeling when I see the MDT team they may ask me to do it then.

Hi Victoria, thanks for your post, it's not at all being nosey please feel free to ask any questions,
I am on this for four weeks and then if I loose my five percent weight I go back gently onto solid food. It is hard , especially last night when we went to Great Yarmouth to see the coca cola a lorry Nd the three people I was wth all had yummy Chinese food from the market. I know it's yummy cos I usually get some, even a noodle woulda been nice, but I know I couldn't give in after seventeen days, so it was oxo from my two a day allowance.
This is I believe like a trial, I have three appt at Luton in January , one just been changed to February, that's for dietitian, anaesthetist, and surgical wth Mr Baracca.
I get so nervous too but I try to hide my nerves until the night before, we travel from the coast, blakeney actually, so it's a long trip. I guess that actually helps wth the nerves coz I am so tired lol.i am hoping for a gastric bypass. What about you. Where a outs are you and what stage are you at etc? It's lovely to hear from you.
Mo x

yeah its so hard to resist sometimes. especially when everyone close around you is eating all the good stuff. I've never been good at doing it which i guess is why im hoping to have surgery in the first place. You're doing really great to be resisting. I admire that for sure. Its got to take so much willpower.
I had my first appointment back in November and they told me im on tier 3 which is the weight loss program part i think? They asked me to try and lose around 5% of my excess weight before my next appointment and then they said after 6 months of being with them they will see if they think im ready to be referred to have the surgery. so very early days for me!
Im hoping for the gastric bypass too. In hopes that the fear of dumping will keep me eating the more healthy options long enough to stop me from slipping back into old habits.

Last edited:
It's been some time since I have been on here. I did a four week milk diet up until 3 days before Christmas. Had Christmas off but it just made it harder to get back on wth the dieting.so I found things difficult you could say.
Well I joined a local small friendly gym and the girl running it is very understanding and has set me small goals.
Well it was my hospital appt. Luton and Dunstable. Thursday February 4th I seen the anaesthetist and he said to tell the surgeon I was good to go lol , that was after many questions though.
Next I saw the surgeon , he was very nice with a great sense of humour, thank god. After a good look at my belly he explained what and how he would do it and if he had trouble doing a bypass he would do a sleeve . Five entry points there will be for the key hole surgery and I have a large old tough scar , appendectomy and a ruptured ovarian cyst had to be repaired. So it's allot of scar tissue , he mentioned summit about it but I am not sure what, I will ask tho, anyways after I had signed the forms he checked in his diary and said he could do my op on the 24th, of February, aghhh I yelled with delight. Lol oops, I was so ecstatic . I thought he was going to say June or July lol.
Then in to see the dietitian . I start my milk diet on Monday, we are booked into the travel lodge at Luton as it's an early start to be there by seven AM . I am first on the list.
I have one other appt at Luton to go to tho. It is a pre op and I have no idea what it is, I hope someone can tell me,
Well I have gone on and on here, I am so happy, excited and nervous lol. So pleased tho. So it's the 24th February 2016, way hay soon I hope to be on the losers bench lol
I have lost two stone almost tho since starting fakenham. Try Dr Hughes , pat and carol and everyone for helping me get this far. Mostly thank you to my other half. Martin, x

It's been some time since I have been on here. I did a four week milk diet up until 3 days before Christmas. Had Christmas off but it just made it harder to get back on wth the dieting.so I found things difficult you could say. Well I joined a local small friendly gym and the girl running it is very understanding and has set me small goals. Well it was my hospital appt. Luton and Dunstable. Thursday February 4th I seen the anaesthetist and he said to tell the surgeon I was good to go lol , that was after many questions though. Next I saw the surgeon , he was very nice with a great sense of humour, thank god. After a good look at my belly he explained what and how he would do it and if he had trouble doing a bypass he would do a sleeve . Five entry points there will be for the key hole surgery and I have a large old tough scar , appendectomy and a ruptured ovarian cyst had to be repaired. So it's allot of scar tissue , he mentioned summit about it but I am not sure what, I will ask tho, anyways after I had signed the forms he checked in his diary and said he could do my op on the 24th, of February, aghhh I yelled with delight. Lol oops, I was so ecstatic . I thought he was going to say June or July lol. Then in to see the dietitian . I start my milk diet on Monday, we are booked into the travel lodge at Luton as it's an early start to be there by seven AM . I am first on the list. I have one other appt at Luton to go to tho. It is a pre op and I have no idea what it is, I hope someone can tell me, Well I have gone on and on here, I am so happy, excited and nervous lol. So pleased tho. So it's the 24th February 2016, way hay soon I hope to be on the losers bench lol I have lost two stone almost tho since starting fakenham. Try Dr Hughes , pat and carol and everyone for helping me get this far. Mostly thank you to my other half. Martin, x
how exciting :)

OMG mo that is awesome I think I'm going to keep my fingers crossed I can have such a journey I think I'm a bit behind you tho xxx

Well tomorrow I am back onto my milk diet, that's me until my surgery on the 24th.
I have booked into the travel lodge just down the road from the hospital. Myself and my partner 1 night then he on his own the next. I am staying in just one night I have been told. So I should be on my way home on the25th
I have wanted so long, I am so happy to have got to far. Let me know how you are all getting on. Xxxxx

Good Luck I hope it all goes well for you, I called up hospital to see which appointment was which cause I am so confused, and I've been told my appointment in April is with Mr hasslem have you seen him what is he like???? Emma

Well I am still on my milk diet, I have my pre op appointment on wed, the 17 th at l&d and then it is six days till I go back up and stay over at the travel lodge and up early we'd the 24th for my op. Omg I am so excited , it's been so long a coming . I won't believe it's actually been done until I waken up from surgery Nd they tell me it's all gone well. Eek so excited. I so wish I knew someone else getting thereof on that day so I could get excited wth them. Lol, sounds daft but I guess that's just me. Lol
I don't believe I have met Mr hasslem foxy , I can't actually remember the name of my surgeon. Now that really is typically me to forget such an important thing !

Not long now Mo. So excited for you.

Due to other illnesses I am on several different Meds long term, I had been told for after surgery I should get these changed from tablet to liquid. My gp told me to wait until I had a date, I contacted them n they phoned to say it was All ok but for one of my tablets. The script would be left out for me all ready to take with me to hospital next week.
Today we called to collect the Meds, they had been over ruled by another doctor in the practice. So NO liquid Meds. Bawled my eyes out today. Has anyone hit this obstacle before and if so , how did it get sorted?

Ah foxy I believe that this is professor Haslam , I have seen him , very nice man and seems down to earth, he was the gp I seen first and then he referred me on. X

I wouldn't worry too much I had a mini bypass three weeks ago and i was given tablets to take straight away in hospital was given paracetamol and also urso acid in tablet form so it's clearly not the end of the world in honesty they go down surprisingly easily with no problems at all X

Back