• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, Im a newbie, doc only agreed referal this morning

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My doc has just agreed this morning that she will refer me to Dr Ackroyd at the Hallamshire Sheffield.

Im 19.4 stone with a BMI of 39.5 I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 8 weeks ago and i am now insulin dependent. I am also undergoing genetic counselling as my family carries a mutant gene which is causing breast cancer. Everyone else has had a full mastectomy but me as im too fat for the surgery. Does anyone think Mr A will think im a
worthy candidate????

As i was looking around the site i saw things about pre op diets, what is that for? does everyone have to do that?

What will happen now after my referall?

Any & all info most welcome.

Thank you for listening or reading or whatever!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:Just wanna me me again x x

Hi welcome to the site and great news that your dr has put you forward for surgery good luck for the rest of your journey x

hi sweetpea and welcome! :) im not in your area so i cant really help but i wish you all the best, just wanna say with your histroy and health probs id say you done have any worries really xx

welcome hope you get the go ahead for the life changing op......

Good luck and wishing you every good wish on your journey... with much love to you and hugs xxx

Hi and welcome to this wonderful site.
:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

I'm not able to help with any specifics about your provider as I had my op done in Sunderland. But you would appear to have a very good case and I'm sure your GP must believe so, otherwise he wouldn't have referred you?

I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey. Do feel free to ask about anything you want to know. No question is too silly.

Hi there and welcome. What can we call you?

Will you be getting funding from the NHS? If so it would help to know which PCT as I'm sure there will be someone on here that has been through that PCT and will be able to advise you on their procedure.

If you're a private patient that's a whole different ball game.

Good luck :D

Thank you so much

Bless you all. I no longer feel alone. No one truely understands until they gain weight themselves. What is the pre op diet like? i feel today like someone has said you may just get your old life back, and i want it so bad that i want everything to happen now. im sure im not alone am i? I loathe myself, i dont posess a full length mirror and i change my clothes less than noddy as i despise shopping for clothes. x

Hiya luv - welcome to WLS, look on the bospa (www.bospa.co.uk) website about PCT's it tells you on there what they require depending on your erea, i hope this helps and i wish you the very best of luck on your journey.

Bless you all. I no longer feel alone. No one truely understands until they gain weight themselves. What is the pre op diet like? i feel today like someone has said you may just get your old life back, and i want it so bad that i want everything to happen now. im sure im not alone am i? I loathe myself, i dont posess a full length mirror and i change my clothes less than noddy as i despise shopping for clothes. x

Hello and welcome, most of us have felt like you have so you are very much not alone.

Your journey won't be a quick one but it will be worth every step you take! I am around 3 months post op and about 3 stone down. Not a massive figure but i am now off my tablets for my type 2 diabetes and have 'excellent control' of it. I can also go for a 3 mile walk and not be filled with dread or exhausted afterwards (not far i know but for someone who 3 months ago wanted a bus to the car park it's a big deal)..

You will get there, please keep us posted about your progress xxx

hello and welcome im new too been on here for about 2 weeks or so, its so lovely u can never feel alone on here theres so many nice ppl good luck with ur wls and ur journey xxx

Hiya
welcome to the site, i am 7 weeks post bypass, done at sheffield Claremont hospital, done by Mr Ackroyd, get in touch should you want to know anything
xxx

Back