• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi me again...questions.UPDATE

Another tip off is if ur Dr says they will write a letter for you, demand to see it BEFORE its sent (it will save you weeks in the long run) or take ur list to the Dr with you and insist they take ur letter and that they add these points to their letter.

Once it gets to the PCT panel they only see the facts and figures, they don't seem interested in how much daily hell we go through.

I let my Dr write my letter and only when I was refused di I ask to see a copy of her letter and it was awful, very vague without half of my problems even on it!! I got her to write another letter with the added info on it but it was such a pain with there being two letters floating around and added weeks onto my wait which is why i ended up bottling it and going private, I'd been through enough.

this is one time in ur life u can be a bit selfish, get the letter as you want it...proof read it first and once its sent, start chasing it up. Who cares if you don't make any friends at the PCT (I work for a PCT ur not missing owt)

Good Luck, I didn't get my funding but people with a lower BMI than me did, there's no hard-fast rules only guidelines so go for it, but don't let it wear you down, there are other options at the end of the road if this doesn't work out x x x

Right heres my liswt of diets and ailments to read to her.

slimfast
rosemary conley
slimming world
weight watchers
cambridge diet
lighterlife many years ago

Rashes under stomach and boobs
Sore knees
Daily back pain that can be very painful
Headaches
Exteme tiredness
Breathless
inability to cope with sudden physical activity
snoring

Liz2008 had to consult more than one doctor before she got a referral, and Tesmaralda had to see more than one as well before she was taken seriously. So dont be afraid to stand your ground.

the male gp i seen 1st was awfull to me he looked at me like i was asking for the crown jewels, and threw me a diet sheet. i was depressed about this for ages, then i decided to stand up for my self and see all the gp's, change gp surgery if i had to, the more you fight them the more chance you have of getting what you want, i told another nice lady the same thing on a diff wls forum that had been treat the same way and booked a private op, she took my advice and fought the gp, she pm me other day and said my advice had worked and she had a nhs op 6 months ago and has now lost 6 stone, but also saving herself 7k debt that she couldnt really afford.

liz x

Il keep going around every single gp until they listen, and my hubby said if they wont back down we will change surgeries until someone does!

Il keep going around every single gp until they listen, and my hubby said if they wont back down we will change surgeries until someone does!

thats brilliant hun, u must keep trying as you are entitled to this, after all its the nhs surgeons decision if your suitable for surgery NOT the gp's, i know exactly how your feeling right now, but u musnt accept NO as an answer from them especially as u do fit in the criteria for a referal. Lady gp's are normally more approachable, the gp in my practice that did refere me was very understandable, and now i wont see any other doc, we get on very well now, i was the 1st person refered for wls from that practice, now she can see the results have been good, i think she may even talk the other gp's around that it is a good thing.

Right heres my liswt of diets and ailments to read to her.

slimfast
rosemary conley
slimming world
weight watchers
cambridge diet
lighterlife many years ago

Rashes under stomach and boobs
Sore knees
Daily back pain that can be very painful
Headaches
Exteme tiredness
Breathless
inability to cope with sudden physical activity
snoring

add to that list depression due to being over weight.

sounds like you have got that fighting spirit now. Good luck hun x

Hi, im so sorry to here of your troubles, i know when i found out who my local PCT were, i phoned them to ask questions ect:and they were very helpful,so i hope thing take a turn in the right direction for you now x

I cant say anything more than whats already been said. It took for me to have a very loud and emoeional outburst at my pain clinic(the dr is also one of my gps) I had 4 different people tell my that I was fat and that was why my back was so bad, not the arthritus damage that was pesent on the mri scan i had done. Well needless to say the dr was the 4th person in the 20 minutes or so. I told hime that I felt that none of the drs took my weight issues seriuosly that they were all the same quick enough to tell me not to worry take these tablets and it will be fine. I also said that the tablets (reductil)the last dr gave me had made me put on 7.5lb in 2 weeks and that if it was the fact that I was starving myself to death or smoking myself into an early grave they would be more than willing to help me. I told hime of the dr response (who gave me reductil) and he was horrified. I admitted that I could not do it on my own and that I needed professional help and that my bmi was over 50 then i qualified for the wls as fisrt line treatment not pharamacuitical intervention or lifestyle therapy. I must say I was very sceptical when he said if I came to the dr surgery he would write me a referral and GOD BLESS THAT MAN because I would nt be where I am now.
So don't give up the fight and see every dr and most of all tell them from the heart how you fell and show you know its not gonna be an easy ride that you are willing to put in the work afterwards.
Good luck will be thinking of you.

Last edited:
Darn it, Terri, it won't let me rep you!

saraian, we're all here for each other. All of us have walked the walk in various stages along this journey and someone somehwere on here will always come up with something useful/helpful. In fact, you'll usually get useful/helpful in spades on here.

Grit your teeth and keep at 'em hun!

Well after waiting all piggin day the doctors never got back to me!!! how rude so im going to print off loads of information tonight and go up there tomorrow face to face instead of talking over the phone.

What should i say though, what sort of attitude should i have with them?

Just stay firm but calm.State your case for the op, esp any co morbidities you have, as well as the info off the BOSPA site regarding your PCTS criteria for funding:DGood luck hun:D

Well after waiting all piggin day the doctors never got back to me!!! how rude so im going to print off loads of information tonight and go up there tomorrow face to face instead of talking over the phone.

What should i say though, what sort of attitude should i have with them?

Go in and show you won't be fobbed off, have ur lists to hand. Also whilst there tell them you want a referral to the E.N.T. Dept (ear, nose and throat) and tell them you want tests for sleep apnoea. This may come in handy down the line once you've been referred cos once ur Dr refers you it will go to the PCT panel to decide on funding and although you have a long list of ailments, they aren't classed as co-morbidities but look up sleep apnoea on the net and look at the symptoms - apparantly many people have a degree of it and never know but it would help greatly towards your request for surgery if it turns out you do have it x x x

Back