• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Shezza

Hey all,

New to the site got my surgery on then8thnso excited cant wait. Any good hints/tips for me?

Shezza

im new too just wanting to say hi

I'm just newly out of surgery, 9 days. I think what I would say so far is that it's taking time, but already I can see a difference in my face :) I wasn't completely prepared for how tired I feel just now, but I don't think anyone can be - plus everyone really is different. Good luck :)

Hi shezza Im new here too.. Welcome :)

Welcome Shezza :)

Hi there. Hope your having more luck with this website and the way it works coz im completly confused....but hey ho welcome.

Welcome Shezza. Good luck for your op and afterwards :)

You mentioned you were confused with the website ... is there anything specifically that is confusing you, that we can help you with?

Regarding advice for post band op - I would say that NOW pre-op is the best time to make sure you are in the right head space and prepared for post op. Read your providers guidance, and if you have any questions, write them down and ask them. All providers are different, so follow what your provider says first and foremost, but all of us experienced banders are here to share our experiences too. To get the best success from the band, its important to really understand the part that you have in making it a success. Its up to you what approach you decide to take at the end of the day. 1. You can choose to wait for the band fills to kick in the weight loss, or 2. you can choose now to start to eat healthily, reduce portion sizes and be more active...and the good habits will be forming sooner and you will be giving the losses a helping hand. Sticking to any pre-op diet your provider places you on, should help getting you into the right frame of mind, plus help shrink the liver.

Prepare yourself for wind pain after the op - I didnt have much, but some banders find it particularly painful/distressing. Buy in some windeze tablets (or similar) peppermint tea or cordial, as that may help, as will being active.

If you take any medication, you may wish to see if you can get liquid forms of it, for immediately post op. I personally have never had any problems taking tablets, but some banders do.

For the initial liquids stage after the op, clear/lumpless fluids should be your staple. I would suggest not buying too much as the quantities you will be consuming immediately post op will be quite small. Also your taste buds may change following your op/anaesthetic so buying up multiple/large cans/tins of soup/slimfast (etc) may be a costly mistake.

Just my first few suggestions ... and there will be plenty more from other banders I am sure :)

Hi All,

thanks so much for all the replies! Its a great community on here.

Just 5 more sleeps till Surgery, all going good though think i will be sick of the sight of milk by the end of this week. Don't really like the OXO drink that they suggested I drink.

The website isnt that bad now I've got used to it. But think I just need to keep exploring to get better.

Back