• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here to introduce myself

desiree

Hi all!
Today I started my pre surgery diet!
I have to lose about a stone in the forthcoming weeks ready for surgery
I would be very happy for any hints and tips post oppers can offer
lookinf forward to getting to know you
Regards
Desiree

Hi Desiree and :welcome2: to WLS.......its great to have you here.....please feel free to ask any questions you might have :D XX

Hi Desiree and:welcome2:pleased you have joined us!

Always difficult after years of eating when and what we want to try and cut out the things we love so much.

Carbs and sugar seem to be the biggest culprits as well as fat. If you can try to have smaller size meals than normal and just cut down on the the `bad` foods; that should show you in 1 week how much they add to your weight.......then after that try to cut out them out as much as possible from your diet. You won`t cut them all entirely as you will feel totally deprived, but you should see a difference with the lead up to surgery.

Take it a day at a time; if you have a bad day - don`t beat yourself up.....get back on the wagon the next day, best thing is not to prolong any negative days.

You will make lots of new friends on here and there is loads of information on here. Once you have 50 posts you get more privelidges and can add your own pictures etc; a good way of adding to posts is by taking part in the word games on here! (only need to add a word or two) and within a couple of days you may have enough to help you along!

Wishing you good luck with your weight loss journey x

Love Kat x

Thanks for your replys guys you made me feel most welcome!.
The hardest part is dealing with the boredom as I usually snack.
Im going strong but feel to lethargic to actually get anything done as I have severe sleep apnoea.

:welcome:Great to see you and wanting to send you the warmest welcome and every good wish on your wls journey... love and hugs xxx

howdy and goodluck with the pre op diet! Have they given you one to follow? I was on a 1000 calories a day, some go on the milk diet etc let us know what yours is! x

Hiya and welcome good luck with the diet and anything you wanna know you'll find the answers here xxxx

Thanks again for the lovely greetings!.
Im on a 1000 cal pre surgery diet
eg 1 weetabix WHAT only 1
eg brown bread and ham
ww evening meal
and 2 snacks eg 1 yogurt and 1 slice brown bread.
sticking to it or I wont get my surgery
no date yet but told they,ll just slot me in
I suppose just like going to the dentist,only this time it wont be my dentures stopping me eating.

good luck on your pre op diet hun! itl soon be over for you xxx

I have just come to the end of my pre op diet!Yay surgery in the morning,each step takes us closer to a healthier,happier life!Maz x

Hi, this is a great site to be on, we have not been on here that long but everyone is very,very friendly and there is always someone willing to help if they can, best wishes xx

Back