• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hirsutism/PCOS/treatments

salski

Howdy all

Quick question - I suffer with hirsuitism due to my PCOS and I just wondered if any long term bypassers/banders who have lost weight and who suffer/suffered from the same notice a difference in their hair growth...ie, does it go away? become less noticeable?
What Im asking is will I still have to shave every bloody day for the rest of my life?!?!

Thanks as usual

Sally xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,

I have lost 81lbs and it's still an issue.

Hope you don't shave the face??? :eek:

I have PCOS too but my hairyness is hereditary. I just have to put up and shut up until the laser treatment fairy arrives....:(

My friend who has PCOS had lazer treatment for the hairs on her face. She pulls boob hairs out with tweezers (ooooh) and shaves the rest.
She, like me, is very very pale and her hairs are v dark. I'm v lucky in that I just have a line of hair to my belly button which I shave).

Hope you can improve situation. x

Hiya - thanks for your replies...and I had 3 sessions of laser hair removal on my chin and neck and they shave you before it, so I carried on after. I cant afford any more laser hair removal...just wondered it anyone notice an improvement! I guess not :( haha...I shave everywhere, and when I can let it grow I get waxed. chin, lip and neck and chest are the worst! haha xx

Bump up to see if anyone else has any advice! :p

Have you asked your gp for Vaniqa?I tried it,lessens hair growth but my head hair thinned too.Doc said would settle but stopped using cream after three months.

Have you tried "threading". It's a lot less traumatic for the skin than waxing. I'm a therapist and although I don't know how to thread but I have seen it done and spoken to the people that use it and they all seem to be very happy with the results especially for the face and neck areas.

Have you tried "threading". It's a lot less traumatic for the skin than waxing. I'm a therapist and although I don't know how to thread but I have seen it done and spoken to the people that use it and they all seem to be very happy with the results especially for the face and neck areas.

Hiya hun - I have tried threading a few times and it bloody hurts...I mean really hurts! A lot worse than waxing and plucking!

The vaniqua cream did nothing for me but I used it at the height of my hair growth so I might ask for another prescription to see if it helps now! Thanks for your replies! xx

Vaniqa cream made me spotty. I lost weight with diet and not wls but it has made no difference to my facial hair - sorry.

The good news though is that the resulting tummy tuck removed all the stomach hair!!!

Hi, I was told that the follicles that are already created will never go away, but you won't get any additional ones. I did find as my weight dropped that the hair growth wasn't as quick. But when I gained a bit extra it did thicken again. I'm hoping after my bypass that the hair growth will lessen again.

I went for laser hair removal and the lady (who I know personally) told me to wait until i'd lost more weight, but I did notice a massive difference when I was having it.

Good luck, I hope it improves for you xx

wish they would do laser hair removal on the NHS ... don't they know how upsetting it is for a woman???

I Have had facial hair and pcos for over 20 years and I recently saw hair laser removal lady who been doing laser treatment for over 30 years. I got my first treatment for free and cannot believe the difference. Only after one zap and once the redness has gone etc, i only shaved once in 4 weeks , before this treatment it was every day and I had more growth then my OH, caz why did u ask if the lady was shaving ??? according to my laser lady this is best when ppl are having laser treatment (just thought I'd mention this) I tried all treatments and this was by far the best.............I am due to have another zap next month (as they only every 10 weeks) and I do not regret having to pay for this (£120 a pop) or a zap lol I wished I had it done years ago.....................

Allthe best - MeJulie xx

I wax/epilate my neck chin and top lip. Depressing isn't it??
I am going to get lazer treatment if it doesn't get better with weightloss.
Rx

Back